+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi Guys, New Here - My Bora 4Motion

New Member Mikedav is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys, New Here - My Bora 4Motion

Hey guys, came across this place on the 'Tex and thought Id take a look. Im Mike, 22 and a Brit, but I spent 01-02 studying in Ottawa and miss Canada and Keiths badly. I have a lotta links there with friends in Barrie, Unionville, Hamilton etc so Im pi$$ed Im not there any more. Im planning to move back permanently and would like to bring my car with me for novelty value....

But anyways here she is, my 02 Bora V6 24v 4Motion, one of only 147 sold in the UK. Interesting points so far are OEM Leather Recaros, 18" RS4 DTM replicas,...and thats about it really but a drop is on the way and I am considering smoothed bumpers and blended valances. More info at my site www.borabase.com

Veteran Member pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga's Avatar
    let me be the 1st to welcome you... and your car looks awesome guy
    01 Golf 4dr 1.8T
    04 Passat Wagon

Veteran Member bastard is a glorious beacon of light bastard is a glorious beacon of light bastard is a glorious beacon of light bastard is a glorious beacon of light bastard is a glorious beacon of light bastard is a glorious beacon of light
    Supercharge that fucker and dont waste any money on rice.

vr with 4motion is a wonderful thing. When its not underpowered and stock.

Veteran Member jayred is on a distinguished road jayred's Avatar
    Nice car. Welcome, and supercharger or turbo sounds really good

Senior Member VR6ix is on a distinguished road
    Welcome to GenDub ... beautiful car! When you bring it over to Canada be sure to stuff it full of Euro goodies for us in North America

How do you like the 4motion system? Any undercar pics?
    -- -(Got summers ... it\'s spring*)
    - -/
    - - - *Results may vary - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    Damn a 4motion V6 Jetta! (ooops Bora

Welcome to GenDUB!
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

Member GTD 1.9TD is on a distinguished road GTD 1.9TD's Avatar
    shouldnt there be a R in that rear badge? is it a V6 or a VR6?
    98 Black Golf GL 2.008T - in progress
    04 Imola Yellow Audi S4 4.2 - Daily

Veteran Member /tripwalking/ is on a distinguished road /tripwalking/'s Avatar
    welcome!

it says v6 on the front grille too

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    wow man, your car rocks. Send it over, I'll take care of it while you wait for your flight

Welcome!

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTD 1.9TD
    Nope...just like the Passat V6 4motion here in Canada!

New Member Mikedav is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dw's vw
    welcome!

it says v6 on the front grille too
    Its the exact same VR6 you guys have, but its badged a V6 over here for reasons I cannot explain. Ive got some under shots kicking around on my other PC, Ill have a look for them. Its an Oettinger grille of course so the badge placement is me - this was stock:

Thanks guys

Mike

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    Welcome to the board! I've only been around for half a year myself, and I love it here.

Car looks AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by DrZEUS
    I thought the V6 in the Passat's was the same 90-degree 30V 2.8L that was in the Audi's before they replaced it with 3.0L.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Welcome to the board! I've only been around for half a year myself, and I love it here.

Car looks AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by DrZEUS
    I thought the V6 in the Passat's was the same 90-degree 30V 2.8L that was in the Audi's before they replaced it with 3.0L.
    You are correct...I meant to say the "badges" are the same.

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    Ooh... my misunderstanding then. Sorry!

Veteran Member Toronto Vento is infamous around these parts Toronto Vento is infamous around these parts
    I heard a while ago that VW was considering getting rid of the VR badge, and just make it V6. Apparently people were getting too confused and had no idea what was so special about the engine, etc. So, they basically decided to clear everything up, they would call all V6 and VR6 engines simply a V6.

Welcome to the board! We don't get many people from outside of Canada, so it is always nice to see someone from elsewhere in the world show up!
    Diesel - because real cars don't use spark plugs.

Veteran Member doob is just really nice doob is just really nice doob is just really nice doob is just really nice doob is just really nice
    Nice car man, and Welcome!
    Bob Blakeborough
    Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
    Bay 6, 1303 44th Ave NE, Calgary AB, T2E6L5
    888.769.1772 Toll Free
    bob@urbanexp.ca

Senior Member NOTORIOUS VR is on a distinguished road
    In europe they no longer use the term VR6 as of the MKIV... but it still is a VR6.

This Bora with 4 motion is actually a 24V VR with 200 HP
    STAGE II+
    CUSTOM TUNED ECU · FMIC · SSAC DP STRAIGHT · MILLTEK 3" · VAST W/M · KW V1 · 18" VMR V708's

TUNE YOUR ECU

Veteran Member wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg's Avatar
    Car rocks and so does Europe
    welcome to the board.
    Strudel Boy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information