+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best VR6 turbo?

Member TWIN-TURBO-VR6 is on a distinguished road

best VR6 turbo?

i am looking to see the best thought turbo for a VR6 (97 GTX 12v)
    keeping in mind everything is being done to prepare this motor for the turbo application (i.e.full stand alone management, big bore turbo head, turbo pistons, cam, crank, bored and stroked to best fit the turbo/boost specs etc...)

i was considering twin K26's but am open to best performance

the K26's have been modeled to produce 500+ whp for my application but that is just "MODELING" nothing is in a situation to be tested as of yet.

i would consider a better performin turbo provided a pair of them can produce a min of 400+whp all day everyday

Never follow anyone and lead for no one.
    Klein Aber Ohho

Veteran Member TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA's Avatar

Re: best VR6 turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by TWIN-TURBO-VR6
    big bore turbo head
    It really sounds like the shop that's doing the work know what they're talking about!
    I like STUFF

Senior Member hurley3251 is on a distinguished road
    ha, yeah.
    01\' Jetta 1.8t, k05 turbo upgrade, nitrous express, etc...

\"Hey if i can\'t spool the turbo while doing reverse donuts, it\'s oviously a worthless pile of crap.\"

\"So Jens, with all the upgrades you could probably take a stock civic right?\"

Veteran Member BigBore is on a distinguished road
    umm is that my head?

i reserve it for girls only tho, so your outta luck

Turbo Pistons are faster than Regular Pistons
    S Squadron/Team Bridgerock

what does modeling k26s involve?

Veteran Member Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz's Avatar
    Hey TWIN-TURBO-VR6, who is doing the work on your 12V VR6TT project? I have been researching my own 12V VR6T (single turbo only) and there is soooooooo much out there to choose from. Try shopping around to see what else you can find.

What made you want to go with a twin turbo setup? Two turbos are not always better than one.
    12V

how do you "model" a turbo

\"Hey if i can\'t spool the turbo while doing reverse donuts, it\'s oviously a worthless pile of crap.\"

Re: best VR6 turbo?

Go and get your self a set of 300ZX turbo's. theres a Vr6 12 with that setup and it goes nice.,.KKK 26 is a good turbo and it will push about 350hp max.. thats on a 16V motor.. lots of guys just use ko3's ..
    01 Gti 1.8BT Haldex

Member boostedrocco is on a distinguished road
    TT VR6=$$$$
    TT VR6=
    TT VR6= not has reliable
    VR6 turbo= fun, reliable, big power, less expensive, but that's just my opinion
    good luck should be a fuunn project.
    www.autoxtrem.com 740whp 2.0 20v drag car
    Most powerfull 20v motor on stock me7 in the world runs
    Eurodyne software, Tkrace.com, Bullseyepower.com, clutchmaster, supertech, Ie rods, Cv tech axles.

money is not an issue

a Twin Turbo VR6 is rare (thus show car)

i am building the vehicle for show so the difference in price to performance is not a question

as for the turbo head, it is a new head (you know where the valve's are assembled and then attached to the top of the block with a gasket inbetween, just for those of you who don't understand the tech lingo) it has been modified from stock and been given larger valve's (still 12v but wanted more air/exhaust flow) this has been identified as a big bore turbo "cylinder" head
    Klein Aber Ohho

Veteran Member TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA's Avatar
    ..... this has been identified as a big bore turbo "cylinder" head
    That is retarded since NOTHING is bored! Look up "boring" and understand what it means before you designate a port job on a head with such names.

WHat's next... 5 angle blocks?
    I like STUFF

k
    your still not getting it

the valves are being bored out to allow more flow big "bore" the valves are going to allow more flow than a 24valve
    Klein Aber Ohho

wow...

You can't "bore" a valve!
    I like STUFF

wow modeling a turbo eh i must get myself one of those, listen buddy stop smoking crack, and i think you watched fast and the furious to many times you ricer.

boring a valve do you know what this means= it doesnt mean anything you ricer. boring is to take off material from the cylinder wall in order to increase displacement.

next, actually thats all im gonna say because i know its gonna take you a while to understand what i just said.

before you talk more about turbos go buy a book, i suggest maximum boost by corky bell but dont use the pages to roll crack joints please.

Senior Member VR6ix is on a distinguished road
    . . .

"big bore head" = big valve head? you know, port n' polish, angle job, bigger valves.

http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/vwvr6cylinderheads.html

twin turbo VR's:

HPA Motorsports

-- -(Got summers ... it\'s spring*)
    - -/
    - - - *Results may vary - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Veteran Member Neal has a spectacular aura about Neal has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboABA
    You can't "bore" a valve!
    LOL hahahahahhahahahah, well technically you "could" if you really wanted to i guess? lmao hahahahhaha...

on a side note... why Vr6 twin turbo? its weird all the twin turbo cars aspire to be single turbo and the non turbo aspire to be twin turbo? i just find it weird..

i guess reponse would be the reason... but a well fitted/suited single turbo can probably hold its own and have a bigger peak? no?
    Team TBA sponsored by Yokohama - "doWhatULove"
    Stock Skyline R32 :P
    96 VW Blue 4DR 1.8L Golf FOR SALE!
    12 VW Graphite Blue 4DR TDi Golf / 12 VW Black Execline Touareg
    www.facebook.com/TitoboyApproved "Like" us

lol ok time to ream out.

first off, its great that your interested in VWs and you want to mod, but you dont have a shop looking at your car, and you obviously have no clue what your talking about.

There are so many things about your posts that dont make sense and that show you dont even have a basic knowledge of engines. valves attached to the top of the block with a gasket in between? lol that had me and half the shop i was at in tears!

now what i suggest to do is change your name and post in a few days to gain some knowledge not pretend like your doing it.

lol ok and one more thing, you dont stroke an engine for turbo, you can bore the block out sure, port the head yah, but usually not stroke, i wont even get into why not.

TURBO pistons eh? lol... you mean low comp pistons? what company are you gonna use? CP, or is it BS pistons

but all in all i`d like to see a bored out valve, infact, valves with holes in them would make awsome pen holders, how much are you retailing those for?!

this is F&^%ing retarded.

talk to H2Sport about this right

they doing the work

all i asked, if you recall at the top was what was your best pick of turbo's, i haven't used any turbo's so i was looking for a quality turbo that anyone has used before and trusted i didn't ask what you thought of my setup!

you really got a problem then tell me where you at and i will bring the show to your door and you can have a go on the track against me and my club otherwise i don't want to hear anymore shit about you guys not understanding what i am doing to this car. twin or single it is still my car. if thats not what you would do oh well, this isn't your car.
    i am not boring out the actual valve, the port is being bored bigger and i have larger valve to make up the space. yes a turbo piston is a low compression piston simple
    and yea i am interested in VW's have owned 5 in the last 4 years and had to rebuild one of them others got written off
    i didn't say the valves were attached to the block with a gasket i said
    "as for the turbo head, it is a new head (you know where the valve's are assembled and then attached to the top of the block with a gasket inbetween," i was trying to be basic so those who didn't understand would be able to! but you see where it says "where the valves are assemble" as in the head it self.
    maybe you know lots about engines but you don't know how to read and thats obvious.
    Klein Aber Ohho

modeling a turbo

they take the dyno report from the stock motor and figure in the average boost@rpm for the addition of each make and model of turbo to give an estimate of which turbos will perform in which way.

of course this in not very acurate as there is nothing other than paper to back it up.

its a more descriptive way of saying if (specific to your motor) this turbo will probably give you this kind of hp at this rpm with this boost because it did that on this other car i know.

just an idea and is not forsure to produce those numbers etc....
    Klein Aber Ohho

honestly if you do this, and runtwin K26s your powerband will be

hp a plenty until 3500rpm, and then nothing almost back to stock power. It just doesnt make any sense.

Try twin T28s or twin T3s around that range.

unless you go with an easier to do turbosetup, like a single turbo.

see there we go thats what i was looking for

and the valves are large ss intake and exhaust valves with full race port work
    Klein Aber Ohho

SS?

btw your throwing everyone off when you say valves, your head gets the port work, and the valves can get cut or angled or just buffed etc.. full race port work sounds to me like you might have some driveability issues tho

i am not boring out the actual valve, the port is being bored bigger and i have larger valve to make up the space.
    I like STUFF

Quote Originally Posted by BigBore
    SS?
    Stainless Steel you noob
    I like STUFF

haha ok i was totally on the wrong track, i was thinking ss like... camaro ss wtf! hahaha

Veteran Member Neal has a spectacular aura about Neal has a spectacular aura about
    in my opinion go single...

dual was created by factory's who wanted a stock feel to the car with no/or as little lag...

if you want points for motor its about performance and you'll see that most "factory dual setups" are replace to single for optimal output...

no one cares if you reach max power at 3500 and hold it to red... it seems most (general public who attend shows) give respect to peak output even if it only last for 500rpm...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboABA
    i am not boring out the actual valve, the port is being bored bigger and i have larger valve to make up the space.
    LOL maybe he can explain it to us exactly what he's doing......

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine1.htm

[/url]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information