+ Reply to Thread

Thread: exhaust question

Member sassbs is on a distinguished road sassbs's Avatar

exhaust question

quick queztion for all the guys on here who are running vr6's.

i have a magna flow cat back..it sounds AWESOME ... BUT... i have something rattling in the resignator... i was told to just remove it rather then replacintg it... will it become extremely loud and annoying??

Or should i just get it replaced and spend the extra $$$

Extreme H20 Water Systems

Reverse Osmosis. If anyone needs anything from home systems, to under-the-counters, to just refills...Let me know and I\'ll provide a discount for all gendub members.

what the hell? is this a trick question in which no one knows the answer too???

Reverse Osmosis. If anyone needs anything from home systems, to under-the-counters, to just refills...Let me know and I\'ll provide a discount for all gendub members.

Junior Member Eloquence is on a distinguished road
    Sorry I dont know the answer dude, but I'd help you if I did. I still need to learn a lot more stuff myself and start doing things myself. I was thinking about a Magnaflow but I liked footose's Miltek. I like how it doesn't sound too loud, but is still very performance oriented.
    -Marcus
    2002 Jetta 1.8T, \"Upsoluted\", Hyperboost DV. Soon: AEM CAI!

Veteran Member /tripwalking/ is on a distinguished road /tripwalking/'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sassbs
    what the hell? is this a trick question in which no one knows the answer too???
    easy tiger... lots of people aren't up that early

I've got a stock exhaust with the resonator removed, and it does sound nice. Not too loud on acceleration, but stock quiet when I'm cruising. If you removed the resonator on your system, it would be a bit louder, and it would add some more gurgle to the exhaust note.

dw

, it would be a bit louder, and it would add some more gurgle to the exhaust note.
    hmm a bit louder? u think it would be an annoying loudness? and when u say gurgle, do u mean more of a deep throaty gurgle..cause thats always good

yes, more deep throaty, and no, I don't think it would be annoying. But that's me...

Veteran Member Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz's Avatar
    You sure it is IN the resonator and not just the heat shield? Also, if you are lowered, there is a chance that it could be the actually exhaust pipe rubbing/rattling on the rear torsion beam like mine does every now and then.

trixx has a high flow cat and a Magnaflow exhaust on his MKIII GTI VR6 and it does sound "throatier" than mine, but his car is slow!
    12V

sorry, just had to throw up another post to change my count

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    I actually just put the resonator back into my daily driver...I want it as quiet as posible.

I put in a whole new manifold back exhaust on it...my daily driver's exhaust was falling apart

Member VR6BOPER is on a distinguished road
    Remove the heat shields, and tighten up any loose parts to your exhaust. The you'll know if the noise is coming from the inside of your resonator or not.

If it is, remove it if you don't mind a louder car. I like the louder exhaust note on a VR6, but that's my opinion!

Jason
    '95 GTI VR6
    12.71 @ 106.68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Kooz
    You sure it is IN the resonator and not just the heat shield? Also, if you are lowered, there is a chance that it could be the actually exhaust pipe rubbing/rattling on the rear torsion beam like mine does every now and then.

trixx has a high flow cat and a Magnaflow exhaust on his MKIII GTI VR6 and it does sound "throatier" than mine, but his car is slow!
    cats are so damn restrictive! doesnt matter if its a high flow cat or not, its still restrictive in some way....

Veteran Member Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz's Avatar
    If you want to be a champ and remove your cat, I think the fine is $390 now
    12V

If you want to be a champ and remove your cat, I think the fine is $390 now
    fuck..that's pretty steep for no cat

what if mine ran away??
    gone for good...

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumTurbo

what if mine ran away??
    ROFLMAO!

Here Princess................here kitty kitty kitty!
    12V

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumTurbo

what if mine ran away??
    ROFLMAO!

Here Princess................here kitty kitty kitty!

buwahahahahahah
    gone for good...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information