+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My VR is under the knife

Member sassbs is on a distinguished road sassbs's Avatar

My VR is under the knife

been since monday..dunno wat taking so long... but i should be getting it back tomorrow... getting new timing chain, stock clutch, lightened flywheel, abs repaired, strutmount checked out..and a new euro lip installed.

yeah its going to cost me my left nut. dont know how much though

regardless of the price, it had to be done...minus the flywheel of course, at least when i get it back i can actually push it and not have to worry bout no damn chain breakin on me where those honda's at

i didnt realize how expensive vr6's can be to repair...

had to get that off my chest.......

feel better now
    Extreme H20 Water Systems

Reverse Osmosis. If anyone needs anything from home systems, to under-the-counters, to just refills...Let me know and I\'ll provide a discount for all gendub members.

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    be prepared to bend over...sounds like a lotta work...hope it works out well!
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

Veteran Member Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz's Avatar
    Being a "backyard mechanic" really helps if you own a VR6. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is pricey on these suckers! If it isn't the price of the part, the labour will definitely get you. When I think of how much it cost me to maintain my 2.0L compared to my VR6, it makes me cry
    12V

well thats certainly not reinsuring.. but i kinda knew that it would be expensive regardless when i first got the car.... i heard u have to lift the entire engine just so u can remove the water pump (if it needed replacing), because of where its located..

god damn! hopefully after i get it back today, i wont have to service it for awhile.....

Reverse Osmosis. If anyone needs anything from home systems, to under-the-counters, to just refills...Let me know and I\'ll provide a discount for all gendub members.

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I decided a long time ago, that the SOUND alone on the VR6 makes up for any short comings the car has.

Quote Originally Posted by footose
    I decided a long time ago, that the SOUND alone on the VR6 makes up for any short comings the car has.
    AGREED

Member Hdmc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by footose
    I agree totally. I remember the first time I drove a VR, man it made me hate my 2.slow!! The only thing that sounds better than a VR IMHO is a VRT!!!!

well I got my vr back finally!!!! TOTAL DAMAGE $1300.00

I got a new timing chain/tensioners, clutch was fixed (no more squeeking ) and my flywheel had been lightened....

I love the lightened flywheel!!!!! its more responsive now...i love it from first gear.... the rest of the gears u dont notice it as much but, the car just feels quicker... gotta get use to the rpm's dropping a bit quicker though..

still gotta get my ABS fixed but thats a minor issue... all and all, 1300 dollars well spent... i finally found a new shop! Kars n' Trucks
    Specializing in Vdubs

Excellent work

Senior Member Mojoban is infamous around these parts Mojoban is infamous around these parts
    That is a wicked price man. Its usualy more then that just to get the chain done. Worth driving down to get done.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information