+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone experience with Strictly European Motors?

Senior Member OettingerVR6 is on a distinguished road OettingerVR6's Avatar

Anyone experience with Strictly European Motors?

Have anyone have their car done at Strictly European Motors? How was the after service and quality of hte jobs? I'm looking to have either a custom turbo done by them or buy the ATP turbo for my VR6 and have them install it.

Gary
    Acura RSX Type S

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    There good, Joe the white jolf or who used to be the white jolf had his 2L turbo done there and i think they are also doing his 1.8T swap...but not sure though on the last one...

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    Same as what Jay said...but I also heared they are EXPENSIVE and really cocky bastards!
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

I dropped by their shop today and asked about the turbo setup for my car. They never worked on a Mk4 VR6 though, but they said they can do it. Marco showed me some of the cars they are working on, it was unbelieveable.

So we talked for aroudn 30min, answered alot of my questions and quoted me a price for the labour if I were to buy the ATP kit for my car. The price is very reasonable. Just waiting for the price for their custom turbo setup.

Gary
    Acura RSX Type S

Veteran Member Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz's Avatar
    I wonder what their "custom" turbo kit for a MKIII VR6 would run?
    12V

It depends what you want. I asked how much would it be for the custom fmic for my car after I have the turbo kit in, they said around 2000 with all the custom pipes and installed. I think it's quite reasonable since the FMIC kits for the 1.8ts are going for aroudn 1000usd? and for my car it's all custom work to fit the pipes and installed.

I'm mostly getting the ATP Stage 1 kit for my car. www.8vturbo.com they have kits for the Mk3's also. starting from 3100usd

Gary
    Acura RSX Type S

Veteran Member Santas1.8T is on a distinguished road Santas1.8T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OettingerVR6
    I dropped by their shop today and asked about the turbo setup for my car. They never worked on a Mk4 VR6 though, but they said they can do it. Marco showed me some of the cars they are working on, it was unbelieveable.

So we talked for aroudn 30min, answered alot of my questions and quoted me a price for the labour if I were to buy the ATP kit for my car. The price is very reasonable. Just waiting for the price for their custom turbo setup.

Gary
    How much would this cost you including labour?
    2000 1.8T Jetta, upsolute, Brullen turbo back, Forge 006.

2005 Ford Mustang GT, Steeda Custom 94 octane tune, Custom Intake, SCT X-Cal 2, Tri-ax short shifter, MagnaFlow X-pipe w/high flow cats

The labour to install the ATP kit, they said it's aroudn 600-800. They are doing a quote for me to see how much would it cost for them to piece out their own stuff and build the turbo for me, but still using the ATP manifold.

Gary
    Acura RSX Type S

The labour to install the ATP kit, they said it's aroudn 600-800. They are doing a quote for me to see how much would it cost for them to piece out their own stuff and build the turbo for me, but still using the ATP manifold.

Gary
    $600-800 is peanuts

How much for everything including the FMIC?

2005 Ford Mustang GT, Steeda Custom 94 octane tune, Custom Intake, SCT X-Cal 2, Tri-ax short shifter, MagnaFlow X-pipe w/high flow cats

not sure the custom turbo though, but for the ATP kit, I have around an estimate of 7k with the fmic and atp kit.

Gary
    Acura RSX Type S

not sure the custom turbo though, but for the ATP kit, I have around an estimate of 7k with the fmic and atp kit.

Gary
    woah 7k sounds a little steep...you must really want the power bad

well, I hope I can get it for a bit cheaper than 7k for the turbo setup and fmic installed.
    10psi with around 280hp at the wheels.
    Throw in another $1.5k-2k, I can run upto around 18psi and get more than 350hp at the wheel.

Gary
    Acura RSX Type S

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    18 psi on stock internals? KABOOM!!
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

well, I hope I can get it for a bit cheaper than 7k for the turbo setup and fmic installed.
    10psi with around 280hp at the wheels.
    Throw in another $1.5k-2k, I can run upto around 18psi and get more than 350hp at the wheel.

Gary
    If you are running 280 at the wheels, you better start thinking about getting a limited slip also and stiffen all your mounts...or else there is no way you are going to get all that sweet power to the ground.

AND, take Zeus's advice to heart...running 18 psi on all stock internals in your VR6 could mean a CAA call!

ya, i'm getting LSD later also... but that's in the future... I'm just going to be running around 7psi for daily driving.
    Acura RSX Type S

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information