+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EPC LIGHT

Junior Member saweetlou is on a distinguished road

EPC LIGHT

My 04 Jetta is rolling 300,000kms so I guess shit is starting to fail. This the latest thing to happen, I went to pass someone, so I was high in the revs, my car starts bucking a bit, EPC then check engine light came on and the car lost power and wouldnt rev over 3 grand. I have been searching the web but no definitive answeres. Anyone have this problem before, if this is major I may have to get rid of the car..
    Thanks.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Have you pulled the codes to see what is stored? It's potentially a bad coil, or plug/wires.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Unfortunately I dont have a VAG scanner and the light has since gone out. Plugs and wires are new so coil is a good place to start, would the VAG pin point that.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    You won't need a VW specific scanner to pull basic OBDII codes, but without a code stored nothing will really narrow it down.

I would still scan it, see if there's something stored. If not, try to get it to happen again.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

So now the epc as well the abs light and of course the cel is on as well. Scanned it with obd and the code is 221 electronic throttle control. Ive been searching now an answer for weeks and cannot find a definitive answer. I dont have money to throw away at the dealer so anyone ghat may have had this problem can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, im at my wits end and will consider getting rid of it if i cant find the problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information