+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Door Ajar light on, possibly draining the battery? Have to jump.

Door Ajar light on, possibly draining the battery? Have to jump.

2004 Jetta 2.0 GL Sedan

One night at 3am the factory alarm on the car randomly goes off we look out the window dont see anything, go outside, everything seems to be ok. Go back to sleep. The next day, we realize the door ajar light will not turn off. It shows the driver side door is open, when in fact it is definitely closed. Over a week the car decides it does not want to start anymore, we jump it and take it down to pep boys they do a complete charging system check and the voltage regulator, alternator, starter and battery come back good, they say its possibly the sensor in the door drawing power while the car is off and depleting the battery - is this right?

I did some research and come up with door switch actuator, but every where I look it says if the interior door light near the bottom will be dead that will indicate the actuator is bad. All of our interior door lights work fine as well as the dome light.

Please VW experts help me out. This is my first VW so I need a little explaining, Im not 100% up to VW lingo yet. Thanks in advance.

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    Not really sure what the fix is but my 1997 VR6 GTI used to do that. Heard once that the contacts got dirty you needed to remove the pin that tells the car the door is open or closed and clean it then re install it. - Good Luck
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information