+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help with Cat!

Need Help with Cat!

Hey guys, i'm new here. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm a bit in a situation here.
    I live in Ga, and I recently bought a used 2000 passat v6 126k miles from craigslists(I know, bad idea), but i bought it without realizing that it didnt have the catalytic converters till we actually brought it home and took it a better look it, it ran amazing so we didnt even think about checking down there. it has the full pipes and everything else, except the cats, kinda looks like the previous owner them out and welded pipes together instead, so the o2 sensors are missing as well. my dad and i dont want to take it to a mechanic since thats a lot of money, apperantly the passat has California regulations for emissions, so im not sure what to do. I will post the sticker i found of the California regulations.
    Btw i'm also new to the whole mechanic thing, so if someone could please help, that'd be awesome! thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0383.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	623.0 KB
ID:	4294  

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    Moved your post to the right spot. Your best bet would still be a mechanic. You would need to cut the right section of pipe out then weld the cat(s) back in along with putting the o2 sensors where they are supposed to be.
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    Are you positive that the o2 sensors are missing?
    have you used vag-com/VCDS to diagnose a missing sensor?
    are there any plugs left disconnected near/under/around the exhaust?

determine that your o2 bungs weren't removed, or that your factory o2 sensors are still installed in the bungs in the pipe.
    find a catalyst... (even an aftermarket catalyst will work in short order)... have flanges made on the catalyst and matching flanges made on the pipes...

bolts in and out with little trouble.

tada.....

Member Gasdrinker is a jewel in the rough Gasdrinker is a jewel in the rough Gasdrinker is a jewel in the rough Gasdrinker is a jewel in the rough Gasdrinker's Avatar
    I have the two cat o2 sensors from my 01 if you want to purchase them

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    if the car runs amazing I'd assume the o2 sensors are still hooked up because without them the car would run like a bag.... when my front o2 went out the car would buck like wild.. as soon as replaced it ran fine.. so I doubt they are missing...
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information