+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VW Golf 4th, Engine Swap! Help!!

New Member Zak5.0 is on a distinguished road

Question VW Golf 4th, Engine Swap! Help!!

Hey guys,
    I have a VW Golf, 2001, with a usual 1.6L engine! I want to put in a 1JZ-GTE engine, or a 2JZ GTE! Would any of these two fit? And how hard is it to do!? lol!

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak5.0 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have a VW Golf, 2001, with a usual 1.6L engine! I want to put in a 1JZ-GTE engine, or a 2JZ GTE! Would any of these two fit? And how hard is it to do!? lol!
    lol wut
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    2001, 1.6L? where are you even located? quick google search shows that those are toyota motors?
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

lol! let me rephrase this! I got a Golf MK4, I gave it to my lil brother, and he wants to do an engine swap! what engine would be best for it!

Lmao! I just saw what he wrote! DAMN! hahaaaa

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    what engine is already in it?
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

not sure, I think its a 2.0, and its a 2002, not a 2001.

I know thats why I was laughing! coz I know theyr are Toyota engines, mainly used for the Supra!

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    If hes got the 2.0L then he just upgrade to the 1.8L Turbo.
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Don't swap it, just sell the car and buy a car that was 1.8T from the factory. It'll probably be less cost in the end, and you know it was done right.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    Yea but if he swaps in the 1.8T and then spends 15 grand on some over night parts from Japan Germany and he can have himself a 10sec car!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

This is a joke right?

Senior Member yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer's Avatar
    2JZ No Shit!

"Nobody screws with Boris Grishenko, Spike them!"

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    Lol...

neither of the supra engines would fit without major modifications. With that said though, it would be one of the best projects ever Assuming you get it going.

The guys are right, you should just sell and buy another car if the 2.0 is not good enough.

do the 2jz
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    Yea but if he swaps in the 1.8T and then spends 15 grand on some over night parts from Japan Germany and he can have himself a 10sec car!
    ^^ bwahahahah awesome!

Thanks guys for the help! much appreciated!
    I guess I'm gonna keep the MK-IV for my self and try to put the 2JZ engine in it! lol!!
    Lol! thanks again!
    that would be a heck of a project!

www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    Lol polish! You posted it.....Giver!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Member Gasdrinker is a jewel in the rough Gasdrinker is a jewel in the rough Gasdrinker is a jewel in the rough Gasdrinker is a jewel in the rough Gasdrinker's Avatar
    any rear wheel drive conversion requires more effort than any little brother should do. he should get a nissan 240z or any lexus sc300.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information