+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need advice on tire and rim size and fitment for my 2013 jetta highline 2.5

New Member utrincjr is on a distinguished road

need advice on tire and rim size and fitment for my 2013 jetta highline 2.5

Hello to everybody. I am new on my thread as you can tell this is my first post. I am 17 and I just baught my brand new 2013 jetta highline. It comes with 17" alloy wheels. I am looking foward to buying new summer rims and tires but I dont know much about fitment and what looks best on this car. It is black with black interior. I would like to get some oppinions on different rim sizes , widths , and tire profiles. Also I am seing alot of things about "ET" offset. I dont quite know what it means actually I have no clue. Just wondering what would be a good tire and rim setup with what offset and what sizes. Thankyou very much , joe

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Go to www.tirerack.com, you can see TONS of different rims on the car easily. Offset is the measurement from the center of the width of the wheel to where the hub meets the wheel. A positive measurement means the hub meets the wheel that many mm closer to the outer edge of the rim from center.

This would be 0 offset since it's right in the middle:
    outside |---|---| inside
    This is positive offset:
    outside |-|-----| inside
    This is negative offset:
    outside |-----|-| inside

If you don't know what you're looking for, your best bet is to follow what tirerack suggests or talk to a local shop once you know what rim you want.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Start off with the above advice and see what options fit your car properly. Keep in mind that if you go with too big of a rim on stock suspension it may look funny.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information