+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dealerships

Unhappy dealerships

Anybody have good or bad news on vw villa toronto at yonge and steeles? They seem a bit slow

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    What do you mean by slow? Unintelligent people? Slow service?
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Thanks wparsons for your reply. What I mean by slow is that when I had a lock problem where I would take the keys out of the ignition and attempt to lock the doors with the fob. The car beeped and the alarm light went on but the drivers door wouldn't lock. Brought it into the dealership twice and both times it took at least 5 hrs to fix it. The first time they said they fixed it but no they lied. Anyone have a better dealership or private garage for me PLLLLLLEEEEEase.

Thanks

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Did they charge you 5 hours, or it just took 5 hours from drop off to pick up? If they charged you 5 hours each time, you should be calling VW Canada over it. If it was just 5 hours from drop off to pick up, that's probably about average for any dealership on anything except an oil change.

When you say they lied, did you test it out before leaving the dealership?
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

I didn't test it before I left which was a mistake in the first place. Thank god it was still under the 2 year used warranty so no big deal but they wasted 10 hours of my time. You say this about a reasonable time for a total driver's side lock replacement? Do you know a faster place either vw or non vw? If this is normal I guess..... that's acceptable.

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    I think what wparsons means by normal time is that dealerships are usually always busy, and they get to your car when they can - especially if its warrenty item because they aren't making any money.

also I believe dealerships work on a first come first serve basis. my buddy works at acura 2000 and it seems there it goes by how much money your car is going to make them that gets serviced first. not to say that if you have an appt. for a certain time that your car gets overlooked, just that dealerships want to make money before they spend their time on something minor. as troubling as that sounds, its business - if they lost you as a customer that's their fault, but you also didn't generate them any money in your dealings with them for those 10 hours. (which in my opinion they probably spent 30 minutes working on the car, the rest in the parking lot or just sitting in a bay... my car used to not lock on the drivers side turned out to be a loose wire going to the harness)
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

That was exactly my point... just because a car was there for 5 hours doesn't mean they were working on it for 5 hours. Unfortunately, that's a sign of a decent shop. If they're so dead that there's no waiting time to get an appointment on a regular basis it's probably because they aren't that great of a shop (or are just starting up).

Any place with a good history will be slower to get into, just look at Foreign Automotive. They do great work, but hope you don't need to get in right away.
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information