+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help

New Member KingMill is on a distinguished road KingMill's Avatar

Wink Need help

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone could help me out here,
    i've left my mk3 golf 2.0l 16v GTi in my garage over the winter, starting it every week for about 10 mins, today i started it, as i removed the jump leads, i noticed smoke coming from the block :-( As i looked closer, there was a wet patch on the rear right of the block, it appeared it was leaking out of a gasket, any help would be amasing :-) Thanks Guys

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    sounds like you need to replace that head gasket
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

New Member KingMill is on a distinguished road KingMill's Avatar
    Hi,
    I've been down again to check in daylight, and get some pictures, and realised it's coming from a hose on the side of the head and leaking down towards the head gasket :-)
    Thanks for the help anyway mate :-)
    Gaz

Junior Member G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben's Avatar
    i think there is a plastic flange on the side for coolant, they are known for cracking, cheep part to replace and easy to fix. if its not broken it could be a o-ring that is toast under the flange. i had coolant leaking on my trans for a while before i figured it out. best of luck.
    it's a grenade wating to go off !!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information