+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 CC Lowered Suspension Noise

Veteran Member jayred is on a distinguished road jayred's Avatar

2011 CC Lowered Suspension Noise

So I had the Eibach Pro-Kit installed a month ago and ever since I have had a hollow popping noise coming from the front left/right when I go over larger bumps. It almost sounds like the Shocks are toast but, only started after the springs were installed. They were installed by VW Georgetown (got a great deal on install). Car only has 41,000kms on it.

My last two vehicles had Eibach's and H&R Springs on them for over 90,000kms and never had issues with shocks so don't think that's it.

Any ideas on what I should check?
    2011 CC || Current
    2007 Jetta GLI || Gone
    2003 Jetta GLI || Gone

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    It's not the typical noise gas charged struts make over a quick compression?

Are any of the upper mount nuts loose?
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

It never made the sound until the car was lowered so don't think it would be the struts. I will check the upper bolts.

How would you know if its hitting the bump stops?
    2011 CC || Current
    2007 Jetta GLI || Gone
    2003 Jetta GLI || Gone

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Tough to say for sure, but if they didn't trim them there's a good chance you're hitting them.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal's Avatar
    Check the CC forum on Vortex. Very helpful and mature crowd unlike the "shitboxes on airbags and RS's" crowd on the MKIV forum.

Everything seems tight that I can get a socket on, benefits of doing it at the dealer they can hopefully fix it if they screwed something up! Appointment booked for wednesday.
    2011 CC || Current
    2007 Jetta GLI || Gone
    2003 Jetta GLI || Gone

Finally got it into the shop today and the something was wrong with the Strut Mounts so they replaced them on Warranty. What gets me is it didn't make that noise before it was lowered but as soon as its lowered and 20 km's down the road I start to hear it.
    2011 CC || Current
    2007 Jetta GLI || Gone
    2003 Jetta GLI || Gone

They could've screwed them up during the install too.
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information