+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VW Sharan VR6 - Cooling fan only works when you take ignition key out?

New Member dazlia is on a distinguished road

VW Sharan VR6 - Cooling fan only works when you take ignition key out?

Hi Folks,

Just wondered if anyone had any idea what could be wrong here please? I have a Sharan VR6 2.8L which i recently bought and its had quite lot of problems with it but these are now sorted.

The only thing that I cant figure out is the cooling fan problem When the engine is running the fan never kicks in even when the engine gets hot. however, when you stop the car and take the key out then the fan kicks straight on? then you put the key back in and it stops? Ive heard this is common but anyone got any idea what i should be looking at fixing/replacing please?

Many thanks

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    fan control module?

sounds like the after run portion is working
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

New Member EMagic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dazlia View Post
    Hi Folks,

Just wondered if anyone had any idea what could be wrong here please? I have a Sharan VR6 2.8L which i recently bought and its had quite lot of problems with it but these are now sorted.

The only thing that I cant figure out is the cooling fan problem When the engine is running the fan never kicks in even when the engine gets hot. however, when you stop the car and take the key out then the fan kicks straight on? then you put the key back in and it stops? Ive heard this is common but anyone got any idea what i should be looking at fixing/replacing please?

Many thanks
    Sounds like the thermoswitch. I had the same problem but I ended up just replacing everything but the radiator cause I hate coolant. Hope that helps a little bro, but you may have gotten it fixed already since this is kind of an old post...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information