+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coilover Help Please!!!!!

New Member Cali's337 is on a distinguished road

Coilover Help Please!!!!!

i have a gti 337 basically bone stock! finally after deciding between springs or coils ive went with buying some coils. looking at getting the raceland ultimos for now. biggest question is im looking to drop the car so im just level with rubber or the slightest bit higher, now ive been told and read that i may need spacers on the front so i dont rub rubber on coils. basically just wondering what some of you think... will i run into this problem or should i be ok to drop it the 1.5-2├Čnch im looking for and not have to worry about that!!
    I was just going to go with springs on the stock shocks but the car has 154,000km so they have some wear on them and throwing springs on will cause them to blow quickly!!

any input would be great! $$ is tight right now as i still have to get my timing belt done sometime soon before i hit 160,000 so any input or ideas or anything at that would be greatly appriciated.

cheers

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    should be fine @ that height, but will look better with a spacer.

fuck springs, coils you can dial it in perfect, sounds like for what you want, springs will leave you wanting that extra lil bit more

call up my sig for parts/service since you are in Cambridge, best around
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

New Member Cali's337 is on a distinguished road
    thanks for the quick feedback! i was hoping to hear id would be alright without spacers right now, looking to get the coilovers in before berlin and a supplier around here for wheel spacers is out until the end of september :s lol i will definatley give a call in pricing out how much to throw these things in before berlin so i can get rid of some damn wheel gap lol

Thanks again!
    Cheers

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    http://novustech.ca/

in k/w as well , should have stock
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    I am very scarce on stock until end of sept...depends what you need..
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information