+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hella Horns

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar

Hella Horns

Not sure where this goes but thought I would start the thread here.

The horn on the Civic is a piece of crap. So I was thinking of getting some hella horns. Anyone have experience with these?

http://www.amazon.com/Hella-SuperTon...pr_product_top

Or can you recommend something equally good?
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Dixie horn or bust!

Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    just came here to say this

Hella supertones are HELLA LOUD!
    (no joke)

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    i want a train horn on my touareg...
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Senior Member yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer's Avatar
    C-tire sells air horns, that have a little mini compressor for them.
    "Nobody screws with Boris Grishenko, Spike them!"

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Just checked out the original link... 118db, holy fack! They'll hear you coming for sure!
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    Well part of the problem is that I'm doing highway driving and you can't hear the super crappy Civic horn. It sounds like a 13 year old boy going through puberty.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by ipop07 View Post
    i want a train horn on my touareg...
    I want this on the TT too!
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    Well part of the problem is that I'm doing highway driving and you can't hear the super crappy Civic horn. It sounds like a 13 year old boy going through puberty.
    My GTI was like that, on a good day.
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by xLilJayx View Post
    Hmm interesting. Maybe I'll have to check them out.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Found a vid.

Seems pretty loud!
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

That'll do it!
    flickr

Veteran Member Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    Dixie horn or bust!

Holy shit.......that guy had a mouth FULL of marbles. Couldn't understand a word he was saying.
    12V

Hella's ordered. Almost hit a new Austin Martin today after he blew through his yield sign. Douche.

Best review of the horns on amazon...

Yesterday, a late model SUV was veering into my lane, almost into my front passenger corner. I tapped the horn and the sound certainly excited the driver. He quickly veered away and once he sorted himself out, he came to realize it was my Hella Horn. I looked into my rearview mirror as he expressed his admiration of the product by using the longest finger on his right hand held up high, as if saying, "It's Number One!". I reciprocated agreement with the same gesture of lifting my 3rd digit to him, too, and mouthed to him, "It's FUN, Dude!", with special emphasis on the FUN. I drove along my merry way, working around slower traffic but the moment I settled behind a vehicle, the white SUV driver came along screaming up my side again to express his enthusiasm once more with a, "It's Number One!" gensture, now with his left hand out the driver's window, to make sure I saw it. I responded by leaning forward towards the dash, as sometimes I think the tinted windows may have obscured my initial response, and I mouthed over to him once more a hearty, "FUN, DUDE!" Oh yes, good times, good times. Excellent purchase.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

That review is amazing!
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information