+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mk3 Bitch Basket

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar

mk3 Bitch Basket

so my consience got the better of me, sending my wife out everyday in a rickety, old, unreliable, POS mk1 cabriolet and i decided to trade my sportbike for something newer, more reliable, and faster that she/we could enjoy.
    picked up this little guy here on the weekend and have been too busy at work since to do much with it. hoping to have it saftied by the weekend so i can start worrying about getting it through an e test.

97 cabrio with a short shifter and some other goodies

some of the goodies came in the trunk

some of the goodies came under the hood !!

it also has a header, straight pipe exhaust with a resonator to a magnaflow muffler. sounds fucking amazing!! previous owner has modded the mk3 vr cluster to light up blue/red like the mk4's

swap was a complete donor car (gti)plug and play unit from the engine to the suspension and brakes, rear beam, right down to the working mfa stalk, the dash was changed from a brown one to a black one which i prefer as well

in the immediate future (as in this weekend) its getting
    lowered
    roof rack installed
    matching new tires for daily use, i have something a little more wild in store for shows and what not.

so yes, VR6 club, i have arrived
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute

look good(de wheels and brakes?), only suggestion is jetta front end(looks great on mk3's)
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    thanks!and yeah they are de wheels and brakes, and a jetta front end will probably be in the works just not a priority right this instant.

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    God damn I miss my Cabrio and my roof rack was the fucking bain of my existence trying to install it but I was thrilled when I finished.

Sweet ride!

(sidenote, I think I have the templates/instructions for the rack if you don't have)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

i actually do! they are brand new old stock, never installed. although the instructions seem to be written in swahili or something... probably german

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post

look good(de wheels and brakes?), only suggestion is jetta front end(looks great on mk3's)
    I say MK3.5 cabrio front, more fitting
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    theres what looks to be a mk1 cabrio on my street, 2 doors down that isn't being driven. looks like its in good shape though, don't see any rust when i walk by it, and the top seems to be in good shape as well - black on black on black i believe.

nice buy, and nice that its VR. if i was the aba, i had a full stg2 turbo kit for it :P
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

3.5 cabrio would be nice but the problem is finding one being parted out are few and far between and people want drug money for the parts.
    jetta front is cheap pick up a hood, grille and some smoked e codes and done.

on another note i just took this beast around the block for the first time. now i'm having a sad. ......................wife has a faster car then me!! damn thing is properly quick, and sounds.....well sounds like a vr6 should.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Just take it when she isn't looking
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    Call the Source in Toronto, you can likely find all the parts in the right colour, plus they are super fair with prices too!
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

Veteran Member stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble's Avatar
    Sweet ride ....

The source for sure. Mike usually has the part your looking for .

(sidenote: no jetta front ends.... they belong on jetta's )
    1998 GTI VR6
    I got vendettas in dice games against ass betters, and niggaz who pump wheels and drive Jettas.-Jay-Z/Reasonable Doubt
    I gotta thing for them big body Benzes, it dulls my senses, In love with a V-Dub engine.Jay-Z/The Black Album

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information