+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5-114.3/5-120 [+25mm] wheels

New Member cris.noria is on a distinguished road

5-114.3/5-120 [+25mm] wheels

Sorry about the "noob" question, but im just wondering if it would be simple to fit these on my mk4. I know i would need adapters, but which would you guys recommend?
    and how much of a poke would there be if the wheels are:
    18x8.5 5-114.3/5-120 [+25mm] for the front
    18x10 5-114.3/5-120 [+25mm] for the rear

this is just an idea and if it works out I'm going to get them in 2 weeks
    thanks a lot!

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    I can help with the adapters but with those wheels you will have a hard time fitting them on anyway, without the adapter they stick out 35mm at least compared to stock. Add an adapter and its at least 15mm more...look for higher offset wheels unless you want to go wide body or add flares and play with the fenders
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    No way those will fit (in my opinion). Offsets are too low to start with.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Senior Member yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer's Avatar
    These are 18 x 10 et 19 in the rear. Your setup would be even more poke. If your not dragging your oil pan on the ground IMO it wouldn't looks good.

"Nobody screws with Boris Grishenko, Spike them!"

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    When you have an et25 and add an adapter, the et becomes 10 if 15mm adapters or 5 if 20mm adapter...on a 8.5" wide there is no way you can fit it with stock fenders and quarters, the 10" is out of the question..
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

New Member cris.noria is on a distinguished road
    okayy i see what you guys are saying. Im looking for a nice stance, i wanna slam my jetta and have some poke to it, but something thats going to give me a headache like that isnt worth it then. What would be good offset then that would give me that look?
    Like i really want some wide wheels, maybe 9'' then? But how much would the offset have to be for me to fit something like that? I dont mind rolling the fenders either if i have to.

Senior Member thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt's Avatar
    9" rear with like a +20et will look good. But to be honest to really plan it well it all needs to fit nicely with how low you actually are, and with your tire stretch.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    ^^ And it needs to be a final ET of +20, so if you need adapters it needs to be +35 or +40 on the wheel alone.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information