+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meet @ Hwy 7 and 400?

New Member cris.noria is on a distinguished road

Meet @ Hwy 7 and 400?

hey ive been hearing some things about a meet tonight on hwy 7 and 400, apparantly its supposed to be the new "Kennedy Commons" and its going to "have over 200 cars". im not too sure about this, has anyone on here heard of it?

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    Police won't even show up if everyone is hyping it up.
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    The AMC parking lot there was notorious for street racing a few years back, you could even find guys that would trailer out cars on slicks to race. I'm pretty sure the cops still keep a very close watch over anything in that area.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

it was okay last night, soo many clean cars. There were like 3 cop cars rolling around, but it was a controlled environment. too bad it was freezing
    and holy, are you serious? people would trailer their cars there?? :\ lool

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Most people would drive, but I remember seeing a few guys bring in cars on trailers. You can't really drive a FWD car with big slicks and skinnies on the back on the streets to get there
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

lool wow thats messed up :P
    apparantly though at the last meet the cops had someone stand on the entrance to the parking lot writing down the plates of people doing burnouts and peeling out when they were leaving. There always has to be idiots at meets this big -__-'

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    There's something similar in Ottawa every Friday night. Cops are always there. People in civics and ricey cars are always trying to ruin the fun.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Senior Member thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt's Avatar
    Is it anything like this?

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    Thursday nights at La Paloma in that parking lot is FULL of exotic cars, muscle cars and some pretty clean tuner cars. And there is something for everyone, I was there one night last year and saw 13 separate Nissan GTR's side by side, countless Ferraris, Lambos etc...it's a great time, and typically a more mature crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

I need to stop there sometime this summer, sounds like an awesome crowd!
    flickr

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    They have it every Thursday, but the first Thursday of every month is typically bigger. Honestly, there were nights last year where you could count into the millions of sheer $ value of everything in that lot. Plus they're around the corner from the Auto Park circle which is home to Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, McLaren, BMW, Jaguar...so there is always someone from those dealers out showing off the newest toys...
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    3 minute quarter mile? Shit Im sure my 2.0L can do it in that time.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCAAAAAAA AAA
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by DUB101 View Post
    They have it every Thursday, but the first Thursday of every month is typically bigger. Honestly, there were nights last year where you could count into the millions of sheer $ value of everything in that lot. Plus they're around the corner from the Auto Park circle which is home to Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, McLaren, BMW, Jaguar...so there is always someone from those dealers out showing off the newest toys...
    Sweet, I'll have to swing by for sure, that's only like 20 minutes away from me, or right on my way home if I'm stuck at work late.
    flickr

i havent been to the La Polamo one, but ive gone to the Ikea parking lot meets on 400 and 7 for the past two weeks. Ertefa hosts the meet, and it brings sooo many nice cars. Too bad the past two weeks have been kind of cold

Veteran Member Neal has a spectacular aura about Neal has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post

LMAO... people always hate on FnF but then everyone knows every single line from the movie :P
    Team TBA sponsored by Yokohama - "doWhatULove"
    Stock Skyline R32 :P
    96 VW Blue 4DR 1.8L Golf FOR SALE!
    12 VW Graphite Blue 4DR TDi Golf / 12 VW Black Execline Touareg
    www.facebook.com/TitoboyApproved "Like" us

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    I love those movies, shit is like a religion to me.
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Veteran Member Neal has a spectacular aura about Neal has a spectacular aura about
    hey thats an idea! if scientology can do it why can't we??
    Team TBA sponsored by Yokohama - "doWhatULove"
    Stock Skyline R32 :P
    96 VW Blue 4DR 1.8L Golf FOR SALE!
    12 VW Graphite Blue 4DR TDi Golf / 12 VW Black Execline Touareg
    www.facebook.com/TitoboyApproved "Like" us

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB101 View Post
    Thursday nights at La Paloma in that parking lot is FULL of exotic cars, muscle cars and some pretty clean tuner cars. And there is something for everyone, I was there one night last year and saw 13 separate Nissan GTR's side by side, countless Ferraris, Lambos etc...it's a great time, and typically a more mature crowd.
    Where is La Paloma?
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    In the plaza on the northwest corner of Hwy 7 + Weston Rd in Woodbridge.

Veteran Member stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble's Avatar
    its been a meet for at least 10 years. Being Italian, i can tell you it was a pro mustang/civic meet back in the day. Nowadays there is pretty much any car, there at least 200 cars every friday night. i play soccer on Friday's and Sundays around the corner from there, so i can confirm that it is a huge meet. One thing i havnt read in this thread yet, and must tell you is... this meet is a complete heat score... cops are there all the time, whether you see them or not. One little peel out, and choas breaks out. Nice place to drive by, graba timmy's then leave. Unless you want attention, i would suggest not going..... to each their own though. I have chilled there once or twice....... not my cup of tea.

Enjoy.
    1998 GTI VR6
    I got vendettas in dice games against ass betters, and niggaz who pump wheels and drive Jettas.-Jay-Z/Reasonable Doubt
    I gotta thing for them big body Benzes, it dulls my senses, In love with a V-Dub engine.Jay-Z/The Black Album

I'm going to take my gf's camry when I go, stealth mode
    flickr

lol yeaa these meets are rammed with cops always. I usually go to m&7 on fridays and saturdays to chill (too bad alot of people there ruin the scene) and the thursday meets are really good. (btw theyre hosted by Ertefa) i love it cuz they really organize it by letting the cops know about the meet, asking them to go and make sure it stays calm and they have people directing the cars where to go and stuff. there was a fight once between two jetta drivers though (idk why, i think its cuz one guy hit his door against the other guys, but dont take my word for it) and it ended in the guy yelling 'go drive a honda' to the other lool. Other than that ive never really seen many problems. anybody from here go to these meets?

Senior Member PolskaGTI is a jewel in the rough PolskaGTI is a jewel in the rough PolskaGTI is a jewel in the rough PolskaGTI is a jewel in the rough PolskaGTI's Avatar
    i go to the friday one, if im thinking of the right place your talking about. would like to check out thursday and saturday

Quote Originally Posted by PolskaGTI View Post
    i go to the friday one, if im thinking of the right place your talking about. would like to check out thursday and saturday
    the friday and saturday meets are the Timmies/Wendys on hwy 7 right after martin grove.
    and the thursday meets are really good. a better crowd also

Senior Member PolskaGTI is a jewel in the rough PolskaGTI is a jewel in the rough PolskaGTI is a jewel in the rough PolskaGTI is a jewel in the rough PolskaGTI's Avatar
    yaa, in that big plaza parking lot right? if so ive started going to that more regularly i like looking at all the cars and driving with them.

Yea. I'm heading to m&7 tonight, if u see a black Mk4 jetta with purple stickers on the rear window, that's me. Gimme a shout.

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post

and funny how the video is sped up too, instead of slowed down to stretch the 18s 1/4 mile...
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Quote Originally Posted by cris.noria View Post
    Yea. I'm heading to m&7 tonight, if u see a black Mk4 jetta with purple stickers on the rear window, that's me. Gimme a shout.
    couldent make it, got caught up on things. i think i saw you 2 weeks ago though if yuo went? or a similar jetta

yea i almost always go, so it was probably me. The thursday meets and weekend ones are the place that i take my gf out on a date to every weekend lmaoo :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information