+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 99 vw golf 2.0l 5 speed---no spark

New Member yortko is on a distinguished road

99 vw golf 2.0l 5 speed---no spark

Hi there, very new too the site, I just picked up a 1999 VW Golf 2.0L 5 speed last week. The car ran fine for abouth 4 days and then last Thursday I went to go to work, hopped in and the car didn't start. it would turn over but no spark. So me and my dad changed so far the plugs, wires, cap, rotar.....and still no spark. We think it is the engine coil(mounted on the rear firewall)? Could this be the problem? also I have done a little bit of research and people have also said that it could be my Crankshaft Postition Sensor....anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!!!!!

I would check the ignition coil first. Just go to a local junkyard and pick one up. along with a sensor.
    But It sounds like to me just the coil.
    But is it getting fuel?
    And still if that will not work, could be the ecu.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Do you know for sure it's getting fuel? Most ignition related issues are a bit more intermittent, or fail more gradually.

The coil could definitely be shot, but I would check to see if you're getting fuel first since that's free.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information