+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1998 passat turning signal problem

Junior Member show_time_23 is on a distinguished road

1998 passat turning signal problem

Hi, I have a 98 vw passat, recently replaced rear left brake light with a 7506 bulb, which i found out only functioned as a brake light instead of the dual running ligt and brake, so i bought a dual lightbulb but once again only functions as a brake. A couple of days later i boosted a friends car and my front left signal and running light went out (same lightbulb?) and when i signal left the blinker blinks very fast as apposed to signaling right which is normal speed. Do these events all tie in together somehow or is this just a simple fix. ALSO, i tried using the rear right side dual brake light, which is workin fine, on the left and it only functioned as a break light only, so something with the connection?

I just replaced the front left signal with a 7258 bulb (just like the rear left signal) and the signal is now working but the running light is still not working (just like the rear left running light)

turned out to be the fuse, i guess this thread was pointless, but incase anyone has the same problem, the left and right side running lights have their own separate fuses.

Junior Member G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben's Avatar
    Its always nice when it turns out to be a easy fix. !!!!
    it's a grenade wating to go off !!

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    To answer part of the question, if one of the turn signal bulbs is out, the flashing in that direction will be faster since there is less resistance in the circuit.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information