+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The MK2

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Dude, did you know what you were getting yourself into?? I got rid of my MK2 for a reason, LOL
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    I would love another MKII, but it would be a ground up rebuild so that it would actually be reliable That said, my MKII wasn't unreliable, and I had very few wiring issues, but they can definitely be nasty.
    Last edited by wparsons; 04-17-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    doesn't bother me too much, i like fixing shit.

will be reliable once im done
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    i fucking love electrical - i will spend hours and hours with wiring before doing anything else, just love it. honestly.

rewired a bunch of stuff in the mk3 golf i had to make everything proper - i guess that stemmed from when i bought the car the previous owner decided to wire EVERY speaker to the front passenger speaker on the dash by the windsheid though.... but after that i went thru that car front to back..

now ive been rewiring my 25rs.. again previous owner decided to do some stupidness, so i undid it all and then have been rewiring to my satisfaction. ie. independant fogs, no DRLs, rewired the cig lighter because he melted the one time use fuse and i wasn't paying the dealership $200 for a new cig lighter, etc etc.

anyways - electrical is fun if you can wrap your head around it all.
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    I've never had any trouble with any of my mk2's and i've had a few. even the notoriously wired westy has been good with the exception of a chafed through coil wire.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    I had a 1985 GTI that hated life. Starting it everyday was a guessing game. "Is today the day I take the plates and walk?"
    I had a 1991 Golf 3spd auto for a winter car and it was pretty reliable. Snapped the throttle cable mid drive. Used a speaker cable snaked through the passenger side window in the rain to control the throttle with my right hand

^^Thats how I associate mk2 living
    24v

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    Mk2's aren't bad when you don't mind doing a little maintenance, or at least know how to do it yourself. Obviously any car that gets older is going to have more issues, especially when modified with motor swaps and what not.

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    the car is a lot of fun to drive. wish it had wider tires

id like to swap it to 1.8T

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    efff that noise, 2.0T or leave the VR
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post

I feel like this quote will be relevant in the future.

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    I uttered these words when i started working on the wifes mk1 cabriolet 2 1/2 years ago,replaced everything..........still not reliable...........FFFFFFFffffffffUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu uuuu..

heh.

the mk3 dash has the power locks switch plugged in (i don't have power locks :|) it was blowing the fuse instantly for interior lights/cluster mem/lighter unplugged that switch and now everything works

fixed more things today then broke = w00t

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    lol,
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

new fpr today, i changed some vac lines and found gas in the line. explains the few randoms stalls and taking a while(extra cranks) to start. the adj one on it was leaking. dunno why its in there 4bar is plenty.

new o2 tomorrow maybe. picking up a 8v lip tomorrow morning
    Last edited by soundwave; 04-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Why an 8v lip? Too much low with the 16v lip?
    flickr

well, it was down the street and only 10$ and my 16v is busted.

however i have a rep bumper it seems, so i wasted 10$

Veteran Member justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future
    I love this car when I sat in it with prev. owner. And, it makes a great toy to tinker on. Have fun with it! Love the no yellow. I said the same with Rado dash. it'd be nicer with one.
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 Unitronic Dealer

Junior Member Spencer is on a distinguished road
    what a beauty!
    super jealous!

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    Looks good. Still prefer the rally setup but that's just me.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    i liked the rallye setup but i have a soft spot for single rounds...looks great man..
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

the rallye is cool. but having a 1300$ setup on my shitty car is dumb

and if you ever see one in real life they are cheap/bent/shitty light output

lowered it 1/4" on Sunday and hot wired the Aux water pump into my rad fan rely , so it runs with the fans when its hot and most impotently when the car is off

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    I kind of like the rounds better IMO. LOL at hot wired.

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

looking better, i'm not a fan of rallye fronts on golfs, imo round lights on the hatchback mk2's and square lights on the jettas.

:|

^^^ I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at, but I have a feeling it isn't good by the mess of wires on the pictures.

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    ^ im gonna say its a coolant leak?
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

yup upper rad hose started to pee, jammed a piece of stainless in there.

word up to .Mad Hatter. on vortex

Junior Member MX3autozam is a jewel in the rough MX3autozam is a jewel in the rough MX3autozam is a jewel in the rough MX3autozam is a jewel in the rough
    so i have to ask after you had the mk4 for a few years. how does the 02a shifter feel in this thing? You should swap to 02j. I think you will love it!

Good find tho. car looks great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information