+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Panoramic sunroof issue

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar

Panoramic sunroof issue

So the first issue is already showing with the Tiguan. We have a Panoramic roof and it will not always close the normal way. Have to use the override.

Any ideas?

I still have to contact VW about it, however they will end up telling me too bad as it is 12,000kms past warranty. However being that I just purchased a VW certified used car I assume all parts should be working.

Not to mention the dealer Owasco went on about how good the repair shop they have out back is the even Mercedes brings their cars there. When the scratches and dents on our car they fixed with a 10 year old and a paint marker.

No so impressed with the Dealer which I have always loved dealing with since 2003.
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    if its a CPO Pure certified car, you will have a 2 year warranty, bumper to bumper.
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    It is CPO but I thought that was Drivetrain

found a link showing what is covered and not covered, bet i still get screwed

http://www.vw.ca/en/certified_pre-owned/overview.html

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I heard that those roofs have a recall.

And the CPO should cover it. My touareg has had a few non-drivetrain related things and there were no questions asked

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    Before you assume the dealer isnt going to cover it, go to the dealer and have them fix it. a true CPO is bumper to bumper warrenty. IF they refuse to fix it, then take a different approach
    24v

I assume they aren't going to fix it cause they didn't fix the paint scratches like they said they were going to.

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Body and actual mechanical type stuff are 2 different issues. If bought recently CPO from VW dealer this should be covered.

Was in today to have them look at it, after 2 hrs they came out and told me it had ice jammed in it and that they removed the ice.

I picked up the car, tested the roof and it was still broken had the Service Lady, Mechanic and Service Manager in the car and showed it to them.

The service manager keep telling me it was cold out and that is what causes it to bring it back when it is 5 degrees or warmer out. ***This is Bullshit***

I did over hear a a Service guy and someone in an office talking before they told me my car was done. The service guy said they are working on a sunroof and it requires and $1200 part but the customers warranty is almost up. - Not sure if they were talking about my car or not.

I have spoke to the sales manager how said he is trying to get something done with the paint issue i had. Said the guy I have to deal with is on holidays, but he is trying to get it approved that the car comes in and gets painted and I am given a loaner. - We shall see about that.

I told the service people the car is supposed to come in to be painted so when it is here i will have them leave for them in the garage so it is nice and warm and not waiting for 5 degree weather.

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    thats bullshit. try a different dealer man. doesn't seem like this one is treating you right. which dealer was it?
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

it is Owasco in Whitby. I have delt with them since 2003 when i got my first vw and have never had any issue.

Problem is where I live any VW dealer is at least a one hour drive away.

I am waiting another week to hear back from them about the paint issue and the roof being looked at again, after that I will contact VW Canada and try another dealer.

Anyone work at a dealer that is on here that can get the roof fixed for me?

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Sucks dude, I mean ya, there can be expansion/contraction issues with temperature chages, but then if they think that is it they should be keeping it indoors for awhile or overnight to rule that out. I've heard mixed reviews of that dealer. I know when I was looking for my Mk4 TDI I went there and looked at a vehicle. I asked the sales guy what kind of accident it had been in as there was a small dent behind the rear door and he/another sales person swore up and down that the vehicle had never been in an accident and that I was crazy for thinking so, that it was only something like a little parking lot ding or something. This was even after I pointed out that the hit had been hard enough to shift the rear panel/door so that they were rubbing on each other inside the door frame and worn off the paint. Needless to say, I dont exactly trust them.

That's the problem I have always trusted them and never had an issue. They replaced a speaker in my 03 Tdi jetta cause I said it rattles. They replaced it without even checking.

They also replaced the hazard switch with one out of a GTI in the showroom cause they had none in stock.

Both were warranty

I am waiting for another sales manager to get off of holidays as he was forwarded my case and we will see what happens from there.

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    a speaker and a hazard switch are $50 parts. Of course they'll fix those things. But a $1500+ repair is completely different.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

I suppose, but warranty is warranty they should fix it either way.

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Ya, but at $1,500 they will try to find a reason not to do it. I would call VWoC and complain... I personally never had much success with them, but I've heard some people getting help.

Good luck mang!
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Well I am bringing the Tig back in tonight to be looked at.

They are supposed to be:

Looking at the sunroof issue
    Painting the rear bumper and driver door?
    Looking the rattle that is inside the hatch
    Checking the hissing noise when foot is not on the brake pedal -I have heard this is the brake booster failing

Well we will see how this turns out i have a 2011 Jetta as a loaner

all problems with the tig have been put on the table, sales and service managers have been contacted

The Tig should be hitting the paint shop tomorrow. Sales manager said he would check in on the progress and let me know

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Good luck man! Hopefully they will fix everything for you.

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

I got a call from Owasco Service this morning asking why my car was left there.

I emailed the Sales Manager and Sales Man I had been dealing with. Said looks like someone dropped the ball again.

The sales manager emailed me and asked for a phone number where I could be reached.

He then later called me to say sorry we had things misxed up here, we jumped the gun getting your vehicle in early to get it fixed. The sales man thought you had an appointment to get it fixed already.

Clearly they has a huge communication issue in their office. So far the only thing they did right was get me a loaner.

Just brutal. Sounds like they need a good staffing overhaul over there.

The famous VW shitty service. I hate dealerships, most are pretty useless. Hopefully they'll make it up to you, but if I were you I would call VWoC and complain.

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

They keep calling me with updates:

Tiguan was in the paint shop had the driver door painted, and the bumper the paint was repaired.

It is now over in service but they said they will not be able to start looking at it until at least tomorrow.

I bet when they painted the door they never fixed the dent (just to be nice), and of course now i no longer have factory paint on the door

Also going to call VWOC and complain
    Last edited by jasonsmeall; 01-25-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add some words

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    so why did you need to get it painted? If there's a ding they're supposed to be fixing, make sure it's done or tell them to redo it.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

There were scratches on the driver door and rear bumper I was told they would fix before I picked it up.

They did not fix them properly, they used a touch up pen to fix it.

Also some small issues that i figured they could look at while it was in.

The loaner they gave me (2011 Jetta Trendline) its pretty nice for the base model and base price.

Update - Tiguan is still in the shop has been there since the 23rd.

I get calls everyday with updates:

1: Called said they have fixed the marks on the rear bumer, and repainted the whole driver door
    2: Called told me ignition switch i ordered was in? I never ordered one but ok. Replaced the ignition switch ( not sure why I was told they were replacing things that might effect the sunroof?)
    3: Called said they are replacing the motor for the Panoramic roof
    4: Called said they are replacing the Brake Booster but it will not be in until February 2nd

So far they are fixing everything but, the question remains - Why did they do a crappy fix on the paint the first time, Tell me there was no issue with the Brake Booster, and Tell me it was just ice in the Sunroof?

The Saga continues.....

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    i wouldn't even want the car anymore.

repainted / torn apart
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Ya but have fun trying to get them to take it back

Well the Tig has been there for Two weeks straight now, they called yesterday and said the sunroof motor was replaced but still has the same issue when the car is out in the cold. and so did another Tiguan they had there.

Anyway say they are going to try to have me back in it today.

Now that they have had it for two weeks you think they will pay half of my monthly payment? Or VW Canada?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information