+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project: Eva the Wagon

Junior Member FER86GTI is on a distinguished road

Project: Eva the Wagon

so idk where to post my build thread, so imma dump it here for you folks to check out. its not a crazy build thread that involves boost, awd, bags, and other crazy shit. just random stuff imma do to my car.

so i own a 1990 passat wagon with a 16v. its really clean and i only payed $1000

so i have already done alot to it, im just going to start this thread with what i have recently done.

Here's the wagon

As of right now it has around 200,000 miles on the body and 120,000 on the motor. List of stuff done:

A4/B4 2.0 close ratio trans swapped
    PS/AC delete
    Custom Exhaust
    Modded air box
    Custom Gauges(factory stuff didnt work)
    Custom Shift boot and E-brake boot
    Work Equip 03 reps
    Painted calipers red(big whoop lol)
    nuespeed sport struts
    Smoked turn signals
    and i fixed a bunch of issues it had.

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    you should get some nuespeed springs and drop the car a few inches

But looking good other than that!

Add more pictures!!!
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

my buddy just took his bilstein struts off with lowering springs and put coil overs on his GTI. he said he would give me his old suspension so imma be a little lower in a couple months. i'll probably have maybe half an inch of wheel gap. I really like my ride comfort right now. it takes bumps so well. My previous car was a jetta slammed on racelands, that ride sucked! i felt every bump and crack. I didnt care tho cause the jetta looked so sweet slammed lol.

Oh and i'll post more pics up later today, but for now i have this.

so i got bored of sitting around today and decided to start something. I haven't done much to the wagon in the last couple months so i wanted to do something to it.

i have been talking amongst my friends about paint my valve cover and stuff, so i decided to do that today.

While i had everything off, i check the valve train, chain, belt, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and just random siht.

Valve train looked great, no noticeable marks or nothing loose.
    Chain was in good condition, not loose but right amount of slack.
    Timing Belt has two marks on top like it was rubbing on something but the belt looks good, teeth look great, its got the right amount of slack, im going to replace it to be safe. its only going to be around $50.
    Plugs were sh!tty, so i bought some new ones.
    Wires are old and brittle, so i am getting better condition ones from the junk yard for like $20.
    Cap&Rotor are off of the Jetta, so there old but better then the original one from the wagon. I'm going to replace them just cause there cheap.
    Got new intake gasket and TB gasket today. Valve cover gasket looked new and was in good condition. The valve cover was finger loose, and i noticed the plugs were soaked with oil so im guessing that was my running issue.
    I'm going an oil change tomorrow, cleaning the air box, CIS and intake boots.
    Probably going to sort out some wiring and re route somethings to clean up the engine bay.

On to pics.
    Here's the intake

The Valve cover before

Under the valve cover

Taping the valve cover

started to paint the cover

painted the intake black cause it was old and scratched to hell, i didnt finish taking the tape off the valve cover when i took the pic.

I also cleaned the inside of the intake and cleaned the throttle body.
    The throttle body was black when i started, now its all shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by chipsofsix View Post
    Add more pictures!!!

as requested...

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    1: the word "imma" is reserved for kanye west. stop using it.
    2: find another lower center consol and try installing the guages again. refrain from using a sawzall to cut holes this time.

other then that it looks like its got good bones, and lots of potential. keep at her.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    1: the word "imma" is reserved for kanye west. stop using it.
    2: find another lower center consol and try installing the guages again. refrain from using a sawzall to cut holes this time.

other then that it looks like its got good bones, and lots of potential. keep at her.
    lol.

thanks, and i didnt cut it with a sawzall, i didnt cut it at all. it was like that when i got the center consol from the junkyard. i used it because i dont care that it isnt perfect looking. its a $1000 daily driver and the gauges work, that all i care about. and i like using Imma, not cause kanye, i dont like kanye, i have been using that for awhile. thanks for the ideas though

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information