+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear Axle (subframe) bushings

Member dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7's Avatar

Rear Axle (subframe) bushings

Is anyone in here savvy enough to do the rear axle bushing job without taking the break lines off? I know its a wickedly frustrating job for most.

I have called H2Sport and and a local garage to me in Hamilton and they both want around 400.00 after taxes with OEM bushings.

Does anyone know what Jason is asking for that job these days?

Offers to help (paid obv.)? Or, recommendations?
    vroom vroom, clank.........crap!

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    its a shit job call Jason
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Senior Member Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dub_0_7 View Post
    Is anyone in here savvy enough to do the rear axle bushing job without taking the break lines off? I know its a wickedly frustrating job for most.

I have called H2Sport and and a local garage to me in Hamilton and they both want around 400.00 after taxes with OEM bushings.

Does anyone know what Jason is asking for that job these days?

Offers to help (paid obv.)? Or, recommendations?
    Less than $400, just call him up.
    2005 GLI 1.8T|Foreign Automotive 519-894-9551| http://www.foreignautomotive.ca
    -----------------------------------------------
    Follow on: Facebook

Member dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7's Avatar
    I figure as much. I'm happy to take my car to him anyway.

This is my only hang up - 'little story'

I have pretty even tire wear on the inside of my rear tires. It was enough to cup my summers last year in one season. Despite the tire wear being visually even on both rear tires, I find that i can only fit one finger between the fender and the tire on the passenger side, but I can fit two fingers between the tire and fender on the driver side.

I don't want to waste my money going through a set of tires every year, but that said - I don't have any rear end clunking going over speed bumps, etc.
    I would much rather put 400.00 toward a set of koni coils if my struts/springs are the culprit.

Is there a sure fire way to diagnose if your struts/springs are healthy or not?
    " " your axle bushings " " ?

I've called a few alignment shops, some that are well recommended - and they all say the same thing. " We'll have to look at it "
    I'd just like to know if there is a sure fire way to know (obviously I will take it to Jason either way), but I'm looking for community feedback here.

Thanks Gentlemen.

Oh, and I think it goes without saying that I need an alignment too. Obviously this needs to be sorted out before I take it in for an alignment.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    There isn't a whole lot of adjustment in the rear suspension... It's a solid beam with the hubs bolted right to it. The only adjustment I know is in shimming the hubs where they bolt to the beam?
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Member Miro_M is on a distinguished road
    I just did mine few weeks back , don't know if I would like to do it without removing the axle.It is not a big deal to remove the axle. As you mentioned removing breake lines is tricky as I've had to use the torch but I still did brake them both . But paying 100$ for both lines still beats few hundred bucks that you have to pay someone else to do the job and you have new breake lines
    2000 Jetta1.8T 2011 CC 2.0T

Девчонки! у ко

Девчонки! у кого есть большой опыт с нарощенными ресницами!
    ничего больше нет по теме(((
    мне бы любую информацию, пишите мне сюда http://0gogo.ru/4op

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information