+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AIR BAG

Junior Member hal2000 is on a distinguished road

AIR BAG

Hey - I added a new key to my mk4 - using VAGCOM. Everthing went well -but now the air bag light is on. How do I reset the airbag? Is this common that the airbag light comes on after the aforementioned procedure?

Just to clarify - when I checked the airbag - it says 1 fault found.
    01217 - side airbag ignighter, driver side n199)
    32-00 resistance to high.

again - this started after reprogramming a key. any connection?
    what should i do?

one other idea - since i replaced my door switch a couple of months ago and disconnected most of the connectors on the driver door - is this a possible result? if i clear the code - will i again have functionality of this side airbag?

Thanks
    Last edited by hal2000; 08-02-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    no connection

just clear it and see if it comes back
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

thanks man - i tired it - doesn't just come back - itwont go out even though it says all errors are cleared (including the one associated with the airbag).
    whats next?

thanks

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    connector under driver seat acts up sometimes....gotta clean those a bit, it'll make the issue go away..
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ipop07 View Post
    connector under driver seat acts up sometimes....gotta clean those a bit, it'll make the issue go away..
    ipop - was gonna try this - thanks for confiming though.
    will it be sufficient if battery is unplugged?
    i dont want to set off the airbags.

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    i unplugged the battery and did it, no pop so i think so..
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

billiant - reconnected the yellow connector that i didnt know was unplugged - cleared the error. 2 min repair , nice. thanks soundwave and ipop.

awesome i wish all my problems were so easy to fix.. lol
    www.Novustech.ca

New Member gsd1214 is on a distinguished road
    CODE N199 01207
    check harness under driver seat, rewire needed.

edit: it seems like this code may have mulitiple causes......
    mine was fixed after rewire...
    3M 38070 Cleaner Clay Bar for sale.
    PM for details

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information