+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alignment in Kitchener

Member Rathi is on a distinguished road

Alignment in Kitchener

So this weekend I installed my new Racelands on my Jetta and one of the wheels is completely out of alignment. I actually got it towed back from my parents where I got it done since it was that bad. Being that today's a holiday, Canadian Tire was the only place open and they won't do it since it's lowered. Does anyone have any good suggestions to somewhere close to Sunrise Plaza area? I keep seeing posts about Beverly Tire in Cambridge, but I don't want to drive that far and all the other places I found were from posts years ago so I don't know how they are now. I'd like to find somewhere now so I can drop it off tomorrow morning before work.

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    I'd still take it to Derek at Beverly on 24/Sheldon. They have some nice long ramps to get nearly any lowered car on their rack.

What don't you want to drive it? Are the wheels pointing in opposite directions or you have brutal camber?

Yeah, the passenger's side front wheel is pointed a few degrees out (noticeably). When I test drove it, I had to hold the steering wheel off center and it felt weird, then I heard some tire squeal every now and then which I thought was one of the tires rubbing somewhere but it doesn't seem to be the case. So I looked again and noticed the wheel being misaligned. The tires get so hot after 10 minutes of driving that even the wheels get pretty warm. If I drove to Cambridge I'd be worried that I wouldn't have any tread left. Anyone try Beverly Tire in Kitchener or Waterloo?

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    You can take it to ivan from loyalty on belmont.
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Awesome, one of my buddies just recommended him too. Hopefully I can get something this week.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Was the alignment that bad before the coilovers?? I would have a good look at the front end to make sure it doesn't need more parts. There shouldn't be any toe change from lowering it, so I would be worried something else is out of whack or worn out.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

No, it was fine before installing them. When I took the old struts out, I didn't want to take the axle out so I just banged the hell out of the tie rod so I'm guessing that's what did it. I just got my car back from Loyalty and it drives great so far.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    If the tie rod was bent badly enough for that, I hope they replaced it!

What car is this on, I can't think of what year Jetta would need the tie rod moved or hit to get the strut out? I know MKIV's are a pain on the right front unless you drop the subframe or have a spring compressor on the strut.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

It was a MKIV Jetta. I did use a spring compressor and still had trouble getting it out. They didn't replace anything. I guess I'll see what happens... At least I can drive it now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information