+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightshade on mk3 fogs gone wrong......

Senior Member Heiko is a jewel in the rough Heiko is a jewel in the rough Heiko is a jewel in the rough Heiko's Avatar

Nightshade on mk3 fogs gone wrong......

hey, so i decided to make my gf's mk3 fogs shaded for her. I used nightshade on them and they started to "crack" everywhere. so i thought ok im guna sand them and try again did that and its the same result. Now i've done this numerous times and it always screws up. Would anyone know what I have to do so this wont happen again and i can get these fogs tinted and done with. let me know thanks

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    yes, buy smoked lights...save yourself the trouble.

www.concept1.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    You put it on too heavy. I did the same thing when I had my mk3. Literally you have to dust the lights, not spray them with the nighshades.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Senior Member Heiko is a jewel in the rough Heiko is a jewel in the rough Heiko is a jewel in the rough Heiko's Avatar
    Ok guess I'll try that, it'll take a while till it gets to the correct tint I like ahah

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    oh yeah. I want to say it took 7-10 dustings when I did it.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar
    ^ agreed I did 8 SUPER lite coats on mine, after you sand them you should clean them really well, I used brake clean just to remove any oil from your hands

kk thanks for advice guys guna do that tomorrow.

Senior Member yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer's Avatar
    Just throw a couple strips of electrical tape accross
    "Nobody screws with Boris Grishenko, Spike them!"

lmao i think i've seen enough electrical tape on mk3 golf's and mr2's ahah

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    You'll want to thoroughly clean them with dish soap and rinse them REALLY well with clean water after sanding. That combined with super light coats will help you.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Senior Member yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiko View Post
    lmao i think i've seen enough electrical tape on mk3 golf's and mr2's ahah
    Lmfao, classic
    "Nobody screws with Boris Grishenko, Spike them!"

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    this happened to mine when i did it way back too. go lighter coats.

ya it definitely worked with lighter coats. before i was doing it like i did with tails i've done in the past that were perfectly fine. unlike the fogs.

Junior Member dekker97 is on a distinguished road
    I had this happen too. My experience although was due to time between coats. It was goin good when I was dudting coats at 10min intervals. Then I let it get away to 20min and they cracked. Seems like the shade needs to be wet or completely dry. No inbetween.
    1997 VW Golf 2.0, 5speed manual. Any and all tips, tricks, and pointers are welcome. Trying to make a nice ride.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information