+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VTA Catch Can - 1st draining

Member JC77 is on a distinguished road JC77's Avatar

VTA Catch Can - 1st draining

So here is what came out of my catch can on my first draining after about 1.5-2 months of driving.

Just thought I'd share the oily crap with ya
    2004 GTI 1.8T ( AWP ) k04 APR TUNED
    Foreign Automotive 519-894-9551| http://www.foreignautomotive.ca

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    holy shit dude.

i lil bit of shit should come out. not a cup
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

That's what I was thinking... something I should be conserned about? Car just rolled over the 150k this week

Junior Member MX3autozam is a jewel in the rough MX3autozam is a jewel in the rough MX3autozam is a jewel in the rough MX3autozam is a jewel in the rough
    maybe your engine has alot of blow by. time to upgrade to a vr6-t

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    ^ haha

and just a fyi , when winter comes you better drain that all the time. alot of condensation builds up in them>freezes> then when the pcv has no where to got it will exit somewhere else( in my case my dipstick )

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    layoff the bacardi breezers and shit will improve, lol

Senior Member thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt has much to be proud of thekatt's Avatar
    You and my mom have a similar taste in girlish alchohol.

F@ck NO... i can't stand that shit. I'm a straight up on the rocks kinda guy or more so Beer which by the way only 2.5hrs of work left till I go do some funnels at a buddies, it's been a least 10yrs since I've done those.

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar
    K so sounding like a NOOB, what is a VTA Catch Can for, does it apply to all cars gas/diesel ?

Member green337 will become famous soon enough green337 will become famous soon enough green337's Avatar
    VTA = Vent to Atmosphere-
    when removing the PCV you can have 2 different types of catch cans VTA or recirculating.

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green337 View Post
    VTA = Vent to Atmosphere-
    when removing the PCV you can have 2 different types of catch cans VTA or recirculating.
    K so what is the point of having it installed apposed to just having your PCV Valve ? just trying to make sense of it to see if it would apply to my car an any way.

oh would this reduce oil in my I/C tubes?

Quote Originally Posted by j3ttamaster View Post
    K so what is the point of having it installed apposed to just having your PCV Valve ? just trying to make sense of it to see if it would apply to my car an any way.

oh would this reduce oil in my I/C tubes?

So no need to answer question its amazing what happens when you use that thing called GOOGLE.

LOL... ya google is great, usually quicker then waiting for a response. As for the catch-can I find my car runs a little nicer but you can definetly smell it with the VTA. I'm glad I got mine after seeing the shit that would have been sent back into the engine.

yeah it fkn stinks bad.

there is something wrong with your car that is a redic amount of shit for 2 months

What do you think I should be looking at?

got a picture of your bay and how its hooked up?

very little comes out of mine after like 6 months, and its doesn't look like that.

that looks like g12 and a lil oil or something

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    definately some g12 in there. its almost red.

did jason do your K04 install?
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

this was pre ko4 i think

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    oh okay. i was gonna say if jason did it, then it was probably hooked up correctly.
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

Jason did the install and it was installed pre K04 but the drain was after.
    I think I will be going by and having him do a pressure test on the engine.

how the coolant ball look? low?

No... actually looks to full.

This is cold. Coolant flush was done at the time of the K04 install

whats all involved in hooking one up?

Quote Originally Posted by j3ttamaster View Post
    whats all involved in hooking one up?
    That depends on if your going VTA or Recirc?

Quote Originally Posted by JC77 View Post
    That depends on if your going VTA or Recirc?
    Prob VTA, I like the one your using, where did you get yours from?

vta fucking stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    vta fucking stinks.
    LOL, I drive a 98 TDI

I want to share the smell with everyone around me

mine is a BSH catchcan... I'll pm ya some info to also consider about them before you buy, you may change your mind and go recirc.

Thanks for honesty, Ill be doing a bit more research with both kinds, I also have a 4yrs old son, I need to keep that in mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information