+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob here, please help! Inquiry on lowering

New Member caboose08 is on a distinguished road caboose08's Avatar

Cool Noob here, please help! Inquiry on lowering

This is my story.

I drive a Red 08 City Golf (the MK4...... .5) haha
    I've had the car for two years but haven't really had any spare cash to put into it until this year. I want to lower the car; only about 1" or 1.5"

I want to go with SPRINGS

The car is on lease and I'm returning it September 2012 so I just want to have some fun with it for the next summer, I don't want to drop 1000 on coils for a car I'm gonna be returning.

My question is, how would I lower my car on a spring set up?
    -Can i just switch out the stock springs for lower ones and ride that way?
    -Do i have to replace the struts or can I stay with my stock struts?

I'm just looking for an inexpensive way to lower my car for a year and a half, please give me your insight!

Thanks

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Nobody has ever made lowering springs for a city golf jetta
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    pretty sure the city mk4 is the same suspension as the mk4 golf/jetta
    24v

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Yup, the city golf/jetta suspension is identical to the MKIV's. I think Tom was making a comment about it being a "city golf jetta", and not a golf or jetta, but I don't see any mention of that except in his post.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Senior Member yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer is a jewel in the rough yamahammer's Avatar
    I recommend H&R race set. Even with my blown struts they rode not quite as bad as a grocery cart.
    "Nobody screws with Boris Grishenko, Spike them!"

Senior Member Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahammer View Post
    I recommend H&R race set. Even with my blown struts they rode not quite as bad as a grocery cart.
    I have the H&R Race Springs as well, ride great!
    2005 GLI 1.8T|Foreign Automotive 519-894-9551| http://www.foreignautomotive.ca
    -----------------------------------------------
    Follow on: Facebook

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information