+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got my Motorcycle Licence, and thus, a Motorcycle!

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    i'd just leave it in 1st i've learned my lesson with excess speeds on open roads, and the cop let me off EASY.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    The Iron 883 I looked at for a long time - but it's basically the same Bike as the one I got (same motor, frame, etc.) etc flat black.
    pretty much

chopped fenders, etc

More of a custom bike look

Im sure you wont leave yours stock long anyway
    24v

Veteran Member brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    Here's a couple pic's of my girl, when i got her a few years ago.

i have since changed out a lot of parts for lighter carbon fiber ones, and had a ton of engine work done, including custom cams, adjustable cam gears, barnett clutch basket, graves clutch discs and springs, graves velocity stacks, stage 7 jet kit, k&n filter. etc etc. it puts down +/- 180 whp now and runs a mid 9 sec 1/4 mile. also have all the gear to stretch the swingarm and slam it down 3 or 4 inches for drag racing
    rev's to 12k rpm and top speed is unknown as the speedo stops at 310km/hr......bike does not
    mid 9's out of a 600. impressive. Always liked the first gen r6's. 12k rpm is nice, but i took out an '11 today at work, 16,200rpm is nicer
    sweet bike though
    Likesgehenntodenrepairshoppenalot... or jetta for short

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    2001 R1 not R6 and that pass was with my 250lb ass on board, someone half my size could knock a lot of time off that, again.
    the first thing i did was peel off the "R1" stickers, but in these pics you can still see them on the tail
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Veteran Member brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435's Avatar
    yep. good call. guess i haven't seen one in a while :S

Member SikMK3 is a jewel in the rough SikMK3 is a jewel in the rough SikMK3 is a jewel in the rough SikMK3 is a jewel in the rough SikMK3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    sikmk3: nice bike! we should all gtg for a ride, although dubonic would be leaving us far behind
    Thanks! Im down for a ride anytime!
    White 98 Golf 2.0 8v - Gone
    Molten Silver 02 Sentra SeR Spec-v - I/H/E, Prothane Solid Motor Mounts, Brembo Blanks, Hawk HPS Pads, Custom "Spec V" Grille, Shorty antenna...

Veteran Member SR20DET is on a distinguished road SR20DET's Avatar
    Harry, would you be able to touch the ground if it wasn't lowered?

Nice bike.
    Dave

2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2011 Kia Sorento AWD

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    So did you go out riding?

Veteran Member AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog's Avatar
    Picked up this old girl today. Yes it's hideous but, for $150 i couldn't go wrong. 1983 750 Honda Interceptor for those too young to know.
    I had one of these back in the day and really missed it, soooo...
    Smoked the cops with a fried clutch in '84 (definately not smart, but i suppose we've all done stupid shit in our youth. ...I did anyway) Should have died 5x over but managed to survive.

1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    my neighbour had one of those but had removed the front fairing and it made it look alot better

Veteran Member AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog's Avatar
    Better? Really? Guess i'd have to see it to judge. Just a bunch of wires and shit under that isn't there?
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    he must of tucked them, and his had a round headlight, maybe it was a diff bike but im sure he said it was an intercepter

More of a cafe' look if i'm using the term correctly? I guess you could pull that off by changing the gauge cluster and handle bars (and round light of course.) These bikes are pretty tall, but if you could lower all that stuff.... would be a cool look for sure.
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    very cool!

I was thinking about getting a daily driver bike too..... this would be somethign i was looking for!

Thanks Harry. Yup. you wouldn't really care if you dropped it or dinged it up.
    I smile everytime i walk past it so that's worth $150 right there. Needs engine work so it may be sitting a while.
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Member clockwisecanuck is just really nice clockwisecanuck is just really nice clockwisecanuck is just really nice clockwisecanuck is just really nice clockwisecanuck is just really nice clockwisecanuck's Avatar
    HA there must be something in the air this year. I just picked up a 98 ducati m750 for $250 came with a free computer and a garmin zumo. Got it running and it would idle but when i gave it some gas it would die, so it's in pieces atm and getting cleaned. Gonna check out some Honda CB-1's this week.

Always wanted a harley, had a guy that wanted to trade a 1977 harley davidson XLH 1000cc for my 1995 cabriolet. But had to go to chicago last minute and when i got back he was gone
    Last edited by clockwisecanuck; 05-16-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Every time I feel the urge to express myself, I lie down until it goes away.

That's a screamin' deal for a Duke. Feel like i got ripped off now. Thanks. ( i are jokes of course)
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

^if you're looking for a duc, I have an 09 1100 hypermotard evo with 4800km, one of the only black ones around.
    asking 11999

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information