+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 98 tdi engine in a 98 wolfsburg whats all involved ?

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar

98 tdi engine in a 98 wolfsburg whats all involved ?

K so my 98 TDI engine/tranny ect. are all fine but the body is getting a little weak, now I have a 98 Wolfsburg in my drive way and the is body's mint on it, whats all involved in puttin the TDI in to the Wolfsburg body.

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    more than what its worth.

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    may was take the shell off and put it onto the other car... save time from what ive heard with tdi / gasser swaps...
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    more than what its worth.
    What time,money or both?, just wondering because both cars are complete and running(I like TDI better haven't paid for fuel in like 4 months), I thought the swap would consist of like Engine,Tranny,Engine harness,fuel lines and tank

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xLilJayx View Post
    may was take the shell off and put it onto the other car... save time from what ive heard with tdi / gasser swaps...
    WHAT? what shell? its a unibody car. if you've got both cars its not hard, no more then a weekend if you're persistent. you will have to drain the fuel tank, and put in the diesel sending unit, and put in the diesel engine/tranny and engine wiring harness. they should have the same fuse panel, you've already got whatever you will need.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    and a cluster.

in my opinion its not worth the work, thats what i should have said. You can buy mk3 tdi's for fairly cheap, hell even mk4 tdi's are cheap now. but if you want a car that you made run yada yada yada then sure, go ahead and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    WHAT? what shell? its a unibody car. if you've got both cars its not hard, no more then a weekend if you're persistent. you will have to drain the fuel tank, and put in the diesel sending unit, and put in the diesel engine/tranny and engine wiring harness. they should have the same fuse panel, you've already got whatever you will need.

I have two 2.0 both with A+ body's both need a little engine/trans work, Im sure I can make one good TDI and one good 2.0 ,as for draining the tanks I was thinking just swapping tanks this way if I don't get ALL!! the fuel out no biggy.

As for the SHELL comment I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    and a cluster.

in my opinion its not worth the work, thats what i should have said. You can buy mk3 tdi's for fairly cheap, hell even mk4 tdi's are cheap now. but if you want a car that you made run yada yada yada then sure, go ahead and do it.
    I like mk3s and my TDI engine owes me nothing, but all the mk3 TDIs Ive looked at the body's are NFG (too many miles on the body's) seems like a few of the gassers Ive looked @ body's a little better but not all cases of course. Each to there own I guess, right

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    hey if you really want to get into the nuts and bolts of it, most of us who drive older cars do things to them thats "not worth it" but fuck it, if nobody does this stuff we'll all be driving brand new cars, with warranties, like a bunch of sheep. if the mk3is the car you like, then get 'er done
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    There's a GLX with a TDI swap for sale on the vortex right now, guy is asking like $6k though :S
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    5k, which is still 4k over priced. But on the vortex, the nut swingers support each other like crutches support a cripple so you can't really say shit without people freaking out...
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    vortex
    NOT a fan.

I think I'm goin to stick with the swap my self, could use some practice.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information