+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Berry Blah Issues

  1. #1
    Member korb is on a distinguished road korb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    268

    Berry Blah Issues

    So I have been trying to get this to work for me I keep getting this error

    net.rim.device.internal.io.CriticallOException: Critical tunnel failure


    so i am thinking that there is some issue with it connecting to the internet or something to that effect.

    any who any help would be great I'd love to get this up and working so I can purchase the full version.

  2. #2
    Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Newmarket
    Posts
    10,520
    Would also help to know the Blackberry model, OS version, and Carrier(telus, bell, etc)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by korb View Post
    So I have been trying to get this to work for me I keep getting this error

    net.rim.device.internal.io.CriticallOException: Critical tunnel failure


    so i am thinking that there is some issue with it connecting to the internet or something to that effect.

    any who any help would be great I'd love to get this up and working so I can purchase the full version.
    Is you BB a corporate device on an Enterprise server? it may be that the service is being blocked by an IT Policy
    as stated before Model, OS version (found in options>about) and carrier and where did you download the application from.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Member korb is on a distinguished road korb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    You probably need to set your APN

    What carrier are you on?
    I set my apn and I still get the same error here is a more detailed list of my info

    Model: 9700
    version:v5.0.0.862
    Carrier: Rogers

    lmk if there is anymore info you need or any other suggestions.

    also i am not a BB enterprise or anything like that.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Member korb is on a distinguished road korb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    268
    yuppers and that is the error i get. i have tried this many times and with no success

    also upon start up i get this error message.

    java.lang.NullpointerException

    whatever that means.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by korb View Post
    yuppers and that is the error i get. i have tried this many times and with no success

    also upon start up i get this error message.

    java.lang.NullpointerException

    whatever that means.
    This is actually a known issue, there is a device software update for you BB, (moves you to 6.0.0.461), this should stop the java.lang error but may or may not fix the berryblab issue. beware though 6.0 looks a bit different than 5.0. Backup your device, update (but do not choose to do an auto backup), when its done install BB Blab and test out, if it works restore and see if there is a difference.

  9. #9
    Member korb is on a distinguished road korb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaBozz View Post
    This is actually a known issue, there is a device software update for you BB, (moves you to 6.0.0.461), this should stop the java.lang error but may or may not fix the berryblab issue. beware though 6.0 looks a bit different than 5.0. Backup your device, update (but do not choose to do an auto backup), when its done install BB Blab and test out, if it works restore and see if there is a difference.
    Hey so I did as you said and installed the new software and no dice I still can't get it to work right. I still get two errors they have changed slightly but here they are

    upon start up at the main area i get this error message:
    java.lang.NullPointerException

    and when I try and add the forum i get this error message:
    java.io.IOException:Tunnel failed

    I think they are the same issues over all just with the software update the name changed slightly.

  10. #10
    Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Whitby
    Posts
    7,679
    Have you tried both steps at the bottom of the FAQ's?

    http://www.berryblab.com/FAQ.aspx

    It sounds like it might be the app permissions.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

  11. #11
    Member korb is on a distinguished road korb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    Have you tried both steps at the bottom of the FAQ's?

    http://www.berryblab.com/FAQ.aspx

    It sounds like it might be the app permissions.
    Everything is set to allow I already did this before but I didn't post thanks for the help though. I would love to get this working properly

  12. #12
    Member korb is on a distinguished road korb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    268
    Any other idea's guys? or should I just give up maybe ill try on my wifes torch and see if it works and check the differences in our settings

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Issues with the A3
    By EMSbyDay in forum 2.0T FSI, 2.5L Engine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
  2. Another issues of my vr
    By haundae_dub in forum VR6 Engine
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts