+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Check engine light on solid, Fuel mileage down a bit is this the EGR Valve?

Junior Member zandy is on a distinguished road

Check engine light on solid, Fuel mileage down a bit is this the EGR Valve?

I know there is know way of really telling what the problem is unless i hook it up to a VAG. But is there any thing i can do to check the EGR/clean it with out a VAG read? FRom reading post it seem like it's cool to drive if the CEL is solid is this true. I should take it in if it starts to flash right?

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    At the very least, get it scanned so you know what the issue is.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

know any scanners in GUelph?

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    What kind of car do you have?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    guelph vw on woodlawn, guessing at problems will only end up costing more in the long run.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

i have good wrencher in TDOT thought i could get closer, 1999 TDI jetta... BOOO VW GUELPh Rip off city !

thanks for the info

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Your cheapest bet is to see if anyone is willing to bring their personal VAG-COM to the monday night cambridge meet and scan it for a small fee (or coffee) for you.

I love how you call Guelph a rip off simply because you don't know enough people to get a hook up on a free scan. Go ask around shops in TO what they'd charge you if you didn't know them first. I can think of at least half a dozen people that have their own VAG-COM that are on this site frequently, but I can't expect them to step up and volunteer without getting to know them first.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    Your cheapest bet is to see if anyone is willing to bring their personal VAG-COM to the monday night cambridge meet and scan it for a small fee (or coffee) for you.

I love how you call Guelph a rip off simply because you don't know enough people to get a hook up on a free scan. Go ask around shops in TO what they'd charge you if you didn't know them first. I can think of at least half a dozen people that have their own VAG-COM that are on this site frequently, but I can't expect them to step up and volunteer without getting to know them first.
    is that why you added me ?!@ you just want me for my vag, i feel used! lol
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    lol, everyone wants everyone for the vag. ive never had to use use mine on anyone other than my own car, just cause the CEL light was taken out by previous owner...so i scan it weekly to make sure theres no codes - only one that pops up everytime is that the cel light is shorted
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

I just dont want to bring it to the Dealer= rip not The Guelph VW community.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsofsix View Post
    is that why you added me ?!@ you just want me for my vag, i feel used! lol

alskdjfalskdjfl! Maybe if I still lived in Guelph you could feel used I'm far too busy (and lazy) to drive to Guelph just for a free scan.
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information