+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rube Goldberg Machine

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar

Rube Goldberg Machine

I dont know how many of you know but March is Engineering Month.

For this year, 11 universities put together a project that is sort of unique. Each of the Engineering societies at these universities put together a Rube Goldberg Machine (a machine that is deliberately over designed but only performs a simple task)

It was set up as a domino system where a school starts and the last action the machine completes has to trigger the system of the next school's system, then this one has to trigger the next one and so on. The last school's rube goldberg system lights up the CN tower purple and will stay purple for the whole engineering month.

Here are some of the videos starting with the one I worked on (conestoga college - the only college to ever take part of this)

'01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    Very very cool. Congrats to you and Conestoga!

Conestoga was a great school - I do presentations there on occasion on mobile (Im doing on on april 27th if you wanna check it out), and they are always first to do what no other college has done.. they are going to be a university level school soon.

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    I am in the only fully accredited university program at Conestoga. The only second such program in the country to get full accreditation and to become equivalent of an university program.
    It is kind of funny cuz we are like the best kept secret program of the school.

They are trying to become a polytechnic institute.
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    What program are you in?

I'm graduating mech eng in April at uwaterloo. I'm actually the drivetrain lead for the UWaterloo Baja Team.

I remember last friday, some people setup one of these in our student design center. Pretty neat idea.
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

Its called Mechanical Systems Engineering. I get a B. of Eng.
    www.Novustech.ca

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    Very cool. So what did it trigger at the end?
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

at the end it pressed enter which sent the signal to university of waterloo who passed on the signal to u of t which lit up the cn tower purple for the whole month.
    www.Novustech.ca

Rube Goldberg Machine

That was freakin OUTSTANDING I thought it was going to be a normal boring Goldberg That is by far the best one Ive seen

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information