+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New vw bus

Veteran Member AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog's Avatar
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    totally sick! I want one !
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    This one looks a bit sleeker, but I liked the concept they were touting around in the early 2000's.

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    What's that little...."door'? Behind inbetween the driver and back door?
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

very beautiful.

Veteran Member AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsmeall View Post
    What's that little...."door'? Behind inbetween the driver and back door?
    Hmmmmm...
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Fuel filler / electric hookup? Flip down step to reach stuff on roof?

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    sliding door is on the wrong side..... wheel arches are wrong
    and that little piece between the doors is probably just there to retain the original shape and style of the old bus doors.

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    ^^ All the concept images I've seen show sliding doors on both sides.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...s-Concept.aspx

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    that's the problem
    busses had them on the passenger side.
    and they weren't full of seats.... maybe throw a kitchen in that fucker and I'll think about buying it.

I liked the old concept vehicle better.
    to me, this "new" concept is still a caravan.

^ THIS.... I'd hit it so hard we'd have to call CAA

Ya, That's a waaaay better design. Thing's already slammed. Lol.
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

I'm not disagreeing with what a remake of a bus "should" be, I was just stating that the concept they made and showed at car shoes was a van with doors on both sides.

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Exactly, brought back retro styling is one thing, what will actually sell to the public is another, and the public wants sliding doors on both sides.

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    not to mention it makes the shell more "universal" can be sold as a LHD or RHD version easily, whereas a sliding door on one side would be market specific, unless you WANT to let your passengers out into the flow of traffic.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

sliding doors on both sides.... seats rather than benches.... no pop top.... no stove/sink/kitchen combo...

tis not a bus, and shouldn't be labeled as such.... it's just another minivan...

I say fuckit... leave chrysler to the minivans... they're doing a fanstastic job with the routan anyways. (snicker)

a brief look at vw's history will show that the beetle and the bus were something different at the time, after that the rabbit was the next sensation.... bringing back the "bus" is a bad idea...... recycling is good, but recycling ideas is a bad idea...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information