+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heli coil

New Member vili19 is on a distinguished road

Heli coil

Anyone here ever heli coil a stripped thread on an engine block?

One of my glow plug holes is compleatly stripped and heil coil is my only option aside from a new block.

Junior Member G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben's Avatar
    heli coil is a brand name, and the kits go start from i think $180 - $275 when i went out looking for one last summer for my spark pulg threads.... and there was no way i was going to pay that price for that, so i search the local shops in cambridge and found same kit but not made by heli coil for $30 and i didnt need to use the inserts that came in the kit because included in the kit is a tap with 2 different threads on it. one thrread to chase your old thread and one to put new threads in to take the incerts... most of the time you can chase your old threads and call it a day....
    it's a grenade wating to go off !!

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    fastenal sells a similar product to helicoils under a different name.
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    ^^they've said everything, except that being the glow plugs are in the head not the block its not a hard fix at all.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Junior Member G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben's Avatar
    i used to work at "Fastanal" and there still asking over $200 for the kit... ...and its pretty easy to chase back your threads.. you can do it with the head still in the car. when i did mine i took the head off cuz i was doing a headgasket at the same. M14x1.25 is the pitch i think so you could evan go out and just buy the tap for $5 in stead of the whole it..... its a super easy job to do. 5 mins tops and ur done.

Veteran Member AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog's Avatar
    Bahahahaha! @ "Fast anal"
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    glow plugs are smaller then spark plugs, iirc there are 2 sizes 10mm and 12mm
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

evan better cause thats a more commen size...which means easy to get.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information