+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Bastard Re-build

Veteran Member AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog's Avatar

The Black Bastard Re-build

Hopefully this thread goes somewhere.
    'The Bastard' had a setback a month or so ago when the subframe decided to break, sooo seeing as the motor has to come out i thought i'd do some work on the engine bay and any "other stuff" that needs to be addressed. I'm still not sure what the plan is engine wise. I may keep the 8v for now, maybe VR6, maybe 16v, i dunno.
    I suppose, to start with, some pics of the damage...

This is what passes for "fully restored" these days.

Battery tray

Lots more holes in this thing. trunk, wheel wells, under back seat.

Exploded inner cv joint from when the front corner hit the ground

Partial dissassembly
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    that is shitty! but i support this thread!
    Did you buy this car as "fully Restored"?
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

Veteran Member KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub's Avatar
    wow thats rough ! Look forward to the build !
    There are a few REAL cheap complete Mk3 GTi/glx vr6's for sale on Kijiji that are perfect donor cars
    PAST- 85 VW Cabriolet- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 93 VW Passat VR6- 85 VW GTI- 93 VW Golf ABA- 90 Audi Coupe Quattro- 92 VW GTi 16v- 92 VW Golf 1.6TD- 1980 VW Rabbit- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 90 VW Corrado- 91 VW Passat Wagon 16v- 93 VW Passat VR6- 87 Audi 4000TQ- 86 Audi 4000SQ- 86 VW Jetta TD- 89 Audi 90Q- 91 Jetta GTX- 92 VW Golf TD
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    this car was advertized as "fully restored", build threads were seen on multiple site's, the car was seen by many people at various shows, but i guess that all counts for nothing these days. i won't post the link to a for sale thread (you can find it yourself)as i don't want to be bashing anyones "reputation". but the car that "needed nothing for safety" actually needed a ton of work. and in actuality hidden under a nice looking exterior and seemingly proper build was a car that someone just wanted to flip to make a quick buck.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Did you grab the subframe off the GTI, or did this happen after the tear down?
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    got it, but it needs to be boxed, a little rough from sitting

we should add, audidog bought this car 7 months ago.a car doesn't rot this bad in 7 months

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    Yeah that's pretty bad. But if the car was just sitting outside for 7 months you'd be surprised how rough it would get. It's basically sitting in moisture.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Veteran Member KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub's Avatar
    Im pretty sure up untill a few weeks ago he was driving it.
    PAST- 85 VW Cabriolet- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 93 VW Passat VR6- 85 VW GTI- 93 VW Golf ABA- 90 Audi Coupe Quattro- 92 VW GTi 16v- 92 VW Golf 1.6TD- 1980 VW Rabbit- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 90 VW Corrado- 91 VW Passat Wagon 16v- 93 VW Passat VR6- 87 Audi 4000TQ- 86 Audi 4000SQ- 86 VW Jetta TD- 89 Audi 90Q- 91 Jetta GTX- 92 VW Golf TD
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    This is one of my favourite cars.

Cool name, cool car, cool driver.

Dave knows how to rip tear shred in this car.

If you're going to replace the legendary 8v... I'd 16V it and still keep the car nice and nimble.

Then maybe, you could do a stock td turbo kit.
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

was driven up until it broke, and it wasn't abused or neglected,even got washed on the regular. as for an engine i say 1.8T

Veteran Member AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    This is one of my favourite cars.

Cool name, cool car, cool driver.

Dave knows how to rip tear shred in this car.

If you're going to replace the legendary 8v... I'd 16V it and still keep the car nice and nimble.

Haha. Thx Tom. Yep this was my DD and i was doing 401 speeds in it a few days before. Fucking death trap. It let go on the way back from the Vw dealer just after picking up a part for my Audi. Managed to drive it home, then when moving it onto the street to get Will's GTI out of my garage it totaly let go in front of my driveway. Convenient. Thx to Jay and Phil and a helpfull neighbour we got er inside.
    I bought this car mainly because of the sellers reputation and they did deliver it from Windsor so i didn't go over it very well. Would've been hard to tell them i didn't want it after a drive like that anyway. Whatever... i have some unique plans in store, whether i can pull them off or not... we'll see.
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Fuck it. Come buy my ABA swap with Mk4 intake lol. Boost that shit . Call it a day
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    well,

1.8t

slap either a k04 on or a GT28R

have fun
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

^^^ here we go again......
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

aba=junk.16v=junk. vr6=not AS much junk. if you're gonna go through the hassle of rewiring an engine bay and doing an engine swap into a mk2 the only thing fit to put in is a 1.8t. like tom said big turbo have fun with a still nimble 300hp car. vr6 is too heavy and aba's are guttless. end story

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    PM sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

^^ lol what you want to buy it ?

aba=junk.16v=junk. vr6=not AS much junk. if you're gonna go through the hassle of rewiring an engine bay and doing an engine swap into a mk2 the only thing fit to put in is a 1.8t. like tom said big turbo have fun with a still nimble 300hp car. vr6 is too heavy and aba's are guttless. end story
    Really depends on what kind of car he wants to have in the end. Either way... none of the above swaps are "plug and play" because of the oldskool fuse panel wiring ( CE1 ) .
    How can you say 16v are junk ? If thats the case... hand over your Corrado ! lol
    Fuck it all... Dump the gasser. Put in a Turbo Diesel. 1/4 the wiring. One wire to make or break it from running . Easy to make loads of torque ( because thats what really counts ) and fuel milage for days !
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Quote Originally Posted by KtownDub View Post
    hand over your Corrado ! lol
    not a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktowndub View Post
    Dump the gasser. Put in a Turbo Diesel. 1/4 the wiring. One wire to make or break it from running . Easy to make loads of torque ( because thats what really counts ) and fuel milage for days !
    never thought of that, that would be a nice swap. all i meant was if you're gonna go through the rewire process, what stop at a 16v, just bite it and go 1.8t.

not a chance

never thought of that, that would be a nice swap. all i meant was if you're gonna go through the rewire process, what stop at a 16v, just bite it and go 1.8t.
    lol it was worth a shot

Ya man. Remeber the T-red Mk3 GTi that my friend put the Jetta front end on ? Swapped a 1.9TD into that over going with a Vr6. He fucken loves it . Just needs to find a T3 or k24 turbo for it now.
    I'd say build up a Diesel and drop it in there Dave ! We can both coal bomb people on the way to shows this year !
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Hmmmm.... I'd have to rename my car and everything. Hahaha.
    I know more about orbital mechanics than i do about diesels.
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Why ? Black Bastard ? Suits it perfect ! Black = Soot = Diesel = Black Sooty Bastard !
    Phil or myself could easily give you a hand in the ways of IDI and how to mess with them. Putting the TD in my new golf was awsome... the entire engine harness consists of ... 2 CTS, 2 OPS, Fuel pump cutoff and Glow plugs
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Maybe....
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Quote Originally Posted by KtownDub View Post
    Why ? Black Bastard ? Suits it perfect ! Black = Soot = Diesel = Black Sooty Bastard !
    Phil or myself could easily give you a hand in the ways of IDI and how to mess with them. Putting the TD in my new golf was awsome... the entire engine harness consists of ... 2 CTS, 2 OPS, Fuel pump cutoff and Glow plugs
    Was just kidding about the name change.
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainslow
    No dice, 1.6TD turbokit wont work on a 16v... turbo is a little small for a 16v (but will flow decent for a 8v) exhaust manifold wont fit on the 16v head, and the flanges from manifold to turbo are matched.... so having a manifold made is a hassle.

A lean mean 12v (AAA) vr (no PS, no AC) weighs as much as a fully loaded 16v.... put g60 strut mounts in the front and game on....
    I miss Bajaguy's (jer's) old coupe.... dusted a ton of cars on the way back from windsor years back....

[qoute=dubonic] aba=junk.16v=junk. vr6=not AS much junk. if you're gonna go through the hassle of rewiring an engine bay and doing an engine swap into a mk2 the only thing fit to put in is a 1.8t. like tom said big turbo have fun with a still nimble 300hp car. vr6 is too heavy and aba's are guttless.[/quote]

ABA full longblock is nice... once a ton of work is done, same with a 16v.. in stock guise those motors are kinda blasie... but GREAT canvasses for specific projects.....
    the big question for a candidate for daves swap is
    .... if the car is CE1 wiring is involved (especially so if it's CE-0 AKA Westmoreland wiring from a westy built car)
    .... if the car is CE2 wiring is much easier....

but..... I would still hesitate on a mk2 1.8t swap unless the immo is cracked... thus eliminating the need for the stock key/cluster/ecu combo....
    best bang for the buck upgrade still remains a mk2vr..... whole parts cars can be had on the cheap, swap can be done with basic tools and basic knowledge of wiring, and done in a weekend if you're damn good with a wrench....

anyway, bigger brakes lined up to be picked up on monday

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    *sits back with popcorn*
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

anyway, bigger brakes lined up to be picked up on monday
    I has moneys. ....Well, the bank has it, i have to go get it.
    Going to order a set of ss brake lines and a new axle.
    Think i'll stick with the 8v for now and work on something to replace it with.
    Need moar $$. Anyone want to buy some crack?
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Quote Originally Posted by AudiDog View Post
    I has moneys. ....Well, the bank has it, i have to go get it.
    Going to order a set of ss brake lines and a new axle.
    Think i'll stick with the 8v for now and work on something to replace it with.
    Need moar $$. Anyone want to buy some crack?
    YGPM
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

^^ lost me there.
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information