+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lacking Power????

New Member Jordon is on a distinguished road

Lacking Power????

So I was just getting back from a 12 hour drive, where I was a mile from home, and I lost about 30 - 50 % power, I was cruising at about 75MPH in fifth gear when I just dropped to 55 - 60 MPH and could regain my speed. I couldn't hear the turbo charger and when I got in my driveway I could hear that the engine noise or the exhaust (whichever, i dont know) sounded really muffled. And thats my dilemma. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    { 2003 1.9L Golf TDi 4Dr }

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    sounds like limp mode, could be caused by a few different things, have the car scanned there should have been a Check Engine Light thrown if it went into limp mode.

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    Was it really cold out? Your tank getting a little on the low side? Its possible your diesel fuel was starting to gel up.
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

Member The Weide Motors Kid has a spectacular aura about The Weide Motors Kid has a spectacular aura about The Weide Motors Kid has a spectacular aura about The Weide Motors Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurjen View Post
    Was it really cold out? Your tank getting a little on the low side? Its possible your diesel fuel was starting to gel up.
    Sounds like limp to me, gelling is more likely a no start or hard start condition.

Easiest thing to check is clogged intake, under the hood on your upper left courner of the engine is an elbow pipe with 2 clamps on it, take that off and look down the metal pipe. Theres lots of info on this at tdiclub.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information