+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FEQ R32/TT LCA bushings

Member dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7's Avatar

FEQ R32/TT LCA bushings

Hey guys,

Im heading over to see Jason next week hopefully for a bunch of stuff.

Wanting to do a suspension refresh, and figure i mayswell do it all while i have the car up. I was looking at the ECS Kit:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-.../OEM/ES248440/

Are there any weak parts in there?
    The one things im MOST interested in is the FEQ LCA bushings. Are all aftermarket r32/tt LCA bushings pretty equal? Or are those kinda crap?

vroom vroom, clank.........crap!

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    I would get poly or OEM only bushings. stay away from aftermarket, they'll wear quick. I picked some up through euro-sport here in gendub. got the front and rear front control arm bushings.
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    judge for yourself, autoparts way is selling them for $7.77 each for that part
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    I got FEQ strut bushings. Lasted about a month before they started making noise.

OEM or nothing, imo
    24v

Member dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7's Avatar
    alright, well since making this post, I've come to realize the ECS kit comes with FEQ front LCA bushings and LEMFORDER rear LCA bushings (the "heavy duty" ones). Lemforder is supposed to be one of the best brands out there for aftermarket bushings, iirc.

Front LCA bushings dont take much beating tho anyway i thought.
    Are there ANY companies that make suspension refresh kits with 'TRUE OE parts bin' LCA bushings? Can performance part companies like ECS even get rights for reselling that stuff? Or do they brand it as OE stuff cuz at some point or another a company was manufacturing those parts for VW and then had their contract replaced for by a better company, so they liquidate their stock to ECS etc.. etc.. and it gets to legally keep the OEM branding as advertized?

*breath* bascially, do you get what you pay for? and nobody but VW/audi makes reliable 'non-poly' LCA bushings?

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by dub_0_7 View Post
    bascially, do you get what you pay for? ?
    LOL, not sure if srs

nobody but VW/audi makes reliable 'non-poly' LCA bushings?
    Id personally stay away from poly on a daily driver. It will wear a lot faster then OEM and will be harsher
    24v

yah, I have no interest in poly bushings.

I just wanna make sure if i buy a "kit" from ECS or another company. That the "R32/TT" bushings they sell with them.... arent shit.

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    I can only go off my own experience...i have poly CA bushing on my jetta for over 6 years now...granted its not a daily driver, but they are perfect still too this day. I bought TT bushings for my dialy, but havent had a chance to put them in yet.

Im going to get just new control arms with the R32/TT bushings and get new ball joints while im at it...for the spring
    24v

zuber... whats the need for new control arms? unless ur upgrading ? arent they pretty bulletproof? new bushings are like 50-60 bux front and rear LCA

because i cant be bothered to wrestle with new LCA busings trying to press them in. Its cheaper to buy new control arms with everything pressed in and just slap them in, rather then pay someone to press new bushings into old control arms
    24v

ahhh. and where say you is a good place to get those w/ poly fronts and tt/r32 rears?

not poly. just TT/R32

www.mjmautohaus.com
    24v

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    check out www.germanautoparts.com for good quality OEM stuff
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information