+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY for car starter?

Senior Member Born2DUB has a spectacular aura about Born2DUB has a spectacular aura about Born2DUB's Avatar

DIY for car starter?

Does anyone know where I can find a DIY for a carstarter for a MK4 Jetta Manual transmission?

Canadian Tire has car starters half price, so I'm thinking of grabbing one and installing it myself if I can.

Thoughts?
    2004 Jetta 1.8T - {GT28RS}{Techtonics Exhaust}{007 DV}{K&N}{Greddy FMIC}{Unitronic Chipped}

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    I wouldn't put a car starter on my car, EVER!! Slicing wires on VWs is a big no, no. Seriously, I rather freeze my ass of for the first 2 minutes. I say don't do it!
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    ^^

agreed 100%

VW electronics do not like being spliced
    not to mention, car starters are generally bad for the car, since there is absolutely no point to idling a car
    24v

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    i would think that you could get into big trouble VERY quickly if you're not a very experienced installer. I don't have a mk4 nor am i a tech guru with them, but what would concern me would be how the ecu/immobilizer would react to having the car start without the key in the ignition. but again a pro would know how to get around this. i think i'd freeze like ric first too
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    but what would concern me would be how the ecu/immobilizer would react to having the car start without the key in the ignition.
    ding ding ding...
    you'd be bypassing or "jerry-rigging" lots of shit to get this to work...
    immobilizer, the key-fob-chip, clutch pedal wiring, which would potentially have an effect on your cruise control...
    the problems can quickly snowball.... all because you want to stay warm(er) for two minutes.

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    Stop being a woman and go to your car and start it. The car really won't warm up as much until you drive it.
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubvento View Post
    Stop being a woman and go to your car and start it. The car really won't warm up as much until you drive it.
    This!
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Senior Member Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough
    I used to work at a car electronics place. We had TONS of problems with VW's and Audis with remote car starters. My advice, don't!!!
    2001 Jetta 2.slow

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information