+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stock 2.0l engine on a 1995 mk3 gl suggest a first engine mod?

New Member xxpc is on a distinguished road xxpc's Avatar

Stock 2.0l engine on a 1995 mk3 gl suggest a first engine mod?

Hey there, I'm not sure where to start, but I'm have problems with my camshaft (hall) sensor and my 02 sensor, still trying to figure out how i'm going to fix those problems and I wanted to rebuild the engine and put some mods on it, anyideas/suggestions or tips? It'd be very much appreciated.

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    your hall sensor isn't on your camshaft, your hall sensor is on your distributor. And what's wrong with your O2 Sensor? If there's a problem with your hall sensor, your car wouldn't start. if you have a bad O2 sensor, you'd be dumping in fuel.

Does your car start and idle?
    what is your mileage like?

New Member xxpc is on a distinguished road xxpc's Avatar
    milage is about 278k? and it does start and idles, but I have a knocking sound coming from the engine and the revs produce a more deeper sound then usual and takes longer to accelarate then usually. and a screwed up sound coming from my exhaust area, right below my back seats and towards the engine under the center of the dash and etc.

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    i had my hall sensor die on me, vagcom scanned "implausible signal" and the car still started and ran, just oddly. couldn't replace the hall sensor though, had to buy a new distributor, we tried to get the hall sensor off but the distributor didn't seem to come apart, unless we missed something, cause you can buy the part seperately...
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpc View Post
    milage is about 278k? and it does start and idles, but I have a knocking sound coming from the engine and the revs produce a more deeper sound then usual and takes longer to accelarate then usually. and a screwed up sound coming from my exhaust area, right below my back seats and towards the engine under the center of the dash and etc.
    your ignition timing is improperly set

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information