+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mk4 dash inot a mk3, what all involved?

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar

mk4 dash inot a mk3, what all involved?

what kind of work is involved in doing a dash swap from a mk4 in to a mk3, is this something to attempt to do as a DIY or not ?

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    Not a clue whats involved, but it would be pretty sweet to see done.
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    Its a quite a bit of work but Jamal has it done, search user name vdubvento.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    Yeah ask Jamal, he's done it...and i've sat in said car...it looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    It's not a very good picture of it, but here's a shot from Spring Fling '08 of Jamal's interior.

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    It's a lot of work to put it simply. Definitely not for the regular DIY'er. The install part is the easiest, it's how you're going to make it work which will prove to be much more difficult once you start getting into it.

Since '08 there have been quite a few changes to the interior, nothing crazy, but it's fitment is much improved since then.

EDIT: Now that I see the picture, it's definitely quite the shitfest compared to where it is now. From what I can see, I have the 3 spoke steering wheel, proper ebrake handle, boost pod, and OEM headunit and Jetta vents (cause it's a Jetta ).

Definitely not as shitty as you see in the picture.
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    ^^ Sorry I didn't have a better picture to show, it's a poor quick snap I took.

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    That's no worries at all, it was over 2 years ago now, who am I to complain?!

No need to apologize Roland!
    moar.

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar
    regardless, I like it a lot, you definitely do good work

Thanks man, I got a cell phone pic yesterday.

Roland, thanks for posting that, I can definitely see how shitty the fitment and EVERYTHING else was compared to what it is now. Refreshing change for sure.
    moar.

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    Found some pictures of a mk4 dash in a mk3

08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information