+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mk3 E brake

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar

mk3 E brake

How hard is it to change E-brake cable on a mk3 jetta ( drums) , should I just get them done on a hoist or is it just as easy to do them on jack stands?, I plan on doing rear brakes this weekend and just thought I'd do the cables now rather then later ( you know how Murphy's law work )

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    everything is easier on a hoist if you have access to one that is, if not then its still not that bad on stands. unless you're a fat bastard like me then getting to the center of the car where they go through the floor shouldn't be that hard. I think if you're planning on working on the drums yourself then do the cables the same time. the hardest part will probably be getting your console out
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Member j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster is a jewel in the rough j3ttamaster's Avatar
    as for the fat bastard part, that's pretty much me , For the hoist part, no I don't have access to a hoist I would have had to pay to have the work done, but if you say it's not that hard to do the E-brake cables I would rather not pay for something that I can do my self, thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information