+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: B3 wagon VR-T

Junior Member iamsuperdan is on a distinguished road iamsuperdan's Avatar

B3 wagon VR-T

Noticed a distinct lack of Passat content here. SO here's a few pics of my wagon.

It's a 93 VR6 with the 5 speed. ANd it's had a Kinetic Stage 1 turbo bolted on there, Borla exhaust, currently an FK Cup kit (but that's disappearing over the winter for coilovers), and some Porsche d90s. Fairly stock in the looks department, other than smoked Hella tails and some e-codes up front. Big changes in store over the winter, including some minor rust repair, an intact front bumper with lip, and a full respray. Yeah, colour change in store.

So here's the pics.

I went and picker her up in early July. My truck didn't even notice the wagon was attached. 2011 F250 with the 6.2L

And she looked a couple of weeks ago.

Peeking at work.

The roof rails are lower than the top of the bed on a new F350.

This panel is getting cleaned up over the winter.

Pretty good for 17 year old leather!

Engine has since been repainted. The checkered look is no more. Previous owner did that, just not my style.

The rat's nest of wires and hoses and whatnot is being cleaned up over the winter.
    Everything in life has the potential to be funny. Smartasses seize the moment while you are too busy being uptight. - Ghandi

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    nice! looks good man. throw some bodies in the trunk to bring that ass end down a bit

That's what the coilovers are for! It's weird, it has the FK Cup kit installd. The front is ridiculously low, yet the back isn't. I kind of like the raked look, but not quite this much.
    Everything in life has the potential to be funny. Smartasses seize the moment while you are too busy being uptight. - Ghandi

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    awesome
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    boo!!! your bottom lip is all smashed! other than that looks sweet
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

Bottom lip smashed? You are mistaken. The bottom lip is completely missing! As part of this winter's plan, there will be a new front bumper on there, with intact lip. If I can find one that isn't stupid money, it will be a euro bumper.

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    More info on the motor! original engine? how many kms? stock bottom end?
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

Still has the original engine, showing 280,000km on it. Everything seems tight on it, none of the usual VR6 warning noises coming from chains or tensioners yet. Having said that, this winter I want to do some preventative work on it. Belts, chains, tensioners, gaskets, stuff like that.

Internals are all stock, but injectors have been bumped to #42. Full Techtonics 2.5" exhaust, mandrels bends, two Borla mufflers, C2 testpipe, no cats or resonators. Has been "chipped." I have the SPlit Second air/fuel software/hardware for it, but haven't tried installing it yet. The math involved with setting it up right scares the fawk out of me!

It was originally an auto, but that nonsense has been fully rectified by the previous owner. The wagon has a fully functioning "man pedal."

Brakes are all new, but stock. For now. I may upgrade at some point. If I do, it will be a full Boxster conversion, front and rear calipers included. Porsche wheels are genuine 16" D90s. They'll be refinished over the winter. Keeping them black for sure. Fronts arer 16X6, rears are 16X8. 25mm adapters up front, 35mm out back. Tires are brand new 205/40R16 Nitto Neo Gen. Pretty happy with them so far. Of course, I've only put 100km on it since I put the tires on in late July! They haven't seen rain, and will never see snow.

Suspension has to be sorted. It has the FK Cup kit, which I ran before on my last B3 (a 92 sedan), but the front struts are leaking badly, and the top mounts could do with replacement. So over the winter, the whole lot will probably be replaced with a coilover setup. Rear beam and bushings have been replaced.

The body si straight, no sign of accidents, however there are a couple of spots of surface rust. Which pisses me off because the paint cleaned up really well. But, because I need to sort out the rust, it will need a repaint. So while I'm at it, the rear Passat emblems will be shaved. Still trying to source a euro front bumper, but if I can't find one, I do have an NA one ready to go. The missing side trim is also in a box ready to go back on. SUnroof doesn't work (of course), but that's a simpel fix. May do something different up there,still undecided as of now though. As for new colour, it's a surprise. It will be dark, and somewhat evil.

Tails are smoked Hella. Headlights are smoked e-codes. Proper side markers are waiting to be installed.

Interior is stock, with the exception of the AEM boost gauge, AEM air'fuel gauge, and the Auto Meter oil pressure gauge. I'll be replacing that one with an AEM one so they all match. Stereo is a new SOny unit with built in Bluetooth, iPod control, and Sirius Connect. Front speakers are Alpine, rears are crap, all will be replaced eventually.

And I think that's about it.

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsuperdan View Post
    SUnroof doesn't work (of course), but that's a simpel fix. May do something different up there,still undecided as of now though. As for new colour, it's a surprise. It will be dark, and somewhat evil.
    Sliding rag top would be sweet!

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    Its got a bit on the side left over, its still sort of there :P

08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Sliding rag top would be sweet!
    You kind of read my mind right there.

Right now, that's on the "really want to do" list.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsofsix View Post
    Its got a bit on the side left over, its still sort of there :P
    Ha! Not any more! That little piece has been removed.

Veteran Member KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub's Avatar
    Dig it !! I wish i could have finished my B3 Wagon VR6 swap..... keep it up !!
    Side not.. you plan on keeping the d90s ?
    PAST- 85 VW Cabriolet- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 93 VW Passat VR6- 85 VW GTI- 93 VW Golf ABA- 90 Audi Coupe Quattro- 92 VW GTi 16v- 92 VW Golf 1.6TD- 1980 VW Rabbit- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 90 VW Corrado- 91 VW Passat Wagon 16v- 93 VW Passat VR6- 87 Audi 4000TQ- 86 Audi 4000SQ- 86 VW Jetta TD- 89 Audi 90Q- 91 Jetta GTX- 92 VW Golf TD
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Yeah, I think the D90s suit the car well. They'll be refinished, but I think I'm keepingthem. Although a set of 17" Porsche Cup wheels could be good. All I know for sure is that the car will never have BBS or Borbets on it. Talk about played out wheels choices.

*flame suit on*

Veteran Member KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub's Avatar
    You have d90s and Cup wheels !? Damn...
    PAST- 85 VW Cabriolet- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 93 VW Passat VR6- 85 VW GTI- 93 VW Golf ABA- 90 Audi Coupe Quattro- 92 VW GTi 16v- 92 VW Golf 1.6TD- 1980 VW Rabbit- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 90 VW Corrado- 91 VW Passat Wagon 16v- 93 VW Passat VR6- 87 Audi 4000TQ- 86 Audi 4000SQ- 86 VW Jetta TD- 89 Audi 90Q- 91 Jetta GTX- 92 VW Golf TD
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

No! I think a set of Cups would look awesome, but I don't have a set. Not yet anyway. New wheels are pretty low on the priority list right now.

lol ohhhh ! ok ! Ya fair enough, the d90s looks good anyway ! Excited to see the progress !
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    The d90's look awesome in black!
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Thanks! I'm going to refinish them in a satin black. These are a little too flat for my liking.

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    All I know for sure is that the car will never have BBS or Borbets on it. Talk about played out wheels choices.
    Porsche wheels on a VW are not any less played then BBS, etc

Just saying
    24v

True, they're common, but people don't salivate and rave about Porsche wheels the way they do about BBS or borbets. Someone mentions those and their car, and people are rabid about how awesome it will be. They're fapping over the idea of borbets on a Passat, or RCs on a Mk4, or whatever.

Not me.

I'd take Porsche wheels over BBS and borbets any day !!
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    but BBS makes Porsche wheels

Ya ya ya.....
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    True, they're common, but people don't salivate and rave about Porsche wheels the way they do about BBS or borbets. Someone mentions those and their car, and people are rabid about how awesome it will be. They're fapping over the idea of borbets on a Passat, or RCs on a Mk4, or whatever.

Not me.
    There are many reasons for that

but, BBS are just as synomonous to VW, as is RECARO

BBS isnt so much of a "fanboi" mentality, as it is a "oem+" trend. Thats all im saying
    24v

I get what you're saying. I just don't like following the biggest trends. I prefer doing things a little bit different. Which you'll see when the respray is done.

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    Looks dope. To run #42 injectors, that means it has stage 3 tuning from C2. All you have to do is stack the gasket or get a thicker one and slap a FMIC on and say HI to 300HP..

You are correct on the C2 software.
    Intercooler is definietly on the want list, butfor now, I'm really happy with the performance, and just want to sort out some other things first. At some point though, FMIC will happen.

imo vrt isnt fun till at least 10psi minimum

Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    imo vrt isnt fun till at least 16psi minimum
    agreed
    24v

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information