+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About the outtage - OpenX - "This site may harm your computer"

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar

About the outtage - OpenX - "This site may harm your computer"

Hello GenDubbers.

As you probably noticed, sometime around 9pm last night Google had marked GenerationDUB.com as a "Phishing" site.

Generation Media Group (GenerationDUB's parent company, that I own) uses OpenX as my advertising medium to server advertisements from our Sponsors to you. OpenX has a flaw in it's software that allows a hacker to potentially inject "code" into a website allowing these unwanted people to mess up servers and websites.

http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/...es-vulnerable/

As Google was 'crawling' our website, it noticed that we were running an OpenX version that had this flaw. Even though there was NO ATTACK and all of our data was completely safe, they marked us as a "Phishing" site until the problem was fixed.

I fixed the issue around 10pm, and reapplied to Google to let them know the site was good to go.

During the time of the "freak out" - I decided to upgrade the board to the latest version of vBulletin to avoid any other complications - but it obviously played havoc with the style templates and I reverted it to the standard vBulletin style in the morning.

It looks like I have the template working again, but will be tweaking it to make it perfect again in the coming days. Hopefully the new vBulletin update takes care of some of the other problems we were having also!

Anyway, all is well now.

Happy Dubbing / Surfing.

- Harry

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    yey!

Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    Woohoo.

Good job Harry.
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Good to see it all running properly again, and can't wait to have some of the issues fixed up in the near future
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Senior Member Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough
    Good to know. I wasn't worried. I was like...attack? GenDub? no! I know that guy..meh.
    2001 Jetta 2.slow

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    This probably isn't the right topic to post this in, but "Mark all forums read" button gives me this message.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information