+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coolant leak - 2.0L AEG

Hybrid View

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar

Coolant leak - 2.0L AEG

So my 2.0 has a coolant leak. Looks to be somewhere on the driver side and I know its not the waterpump.

I'm gonna jack my car up tomorrow to see if I can find the leak.

Are there common places that I should check for the leak in case I can't find it right away?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    If it uses the same setup as earlier 2L's, check the fitting on the drivers side of the engine where the coolant lines meet up.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    this is old, but oh well. My rad started leaking a little bit on the drivers side before I had a complete blowout in the bottom.
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    It looks like the leak is coming from the housing that holds the coolant temp sensor and a bunch of other hoses. Now I gotta figure out how it comes out totally.
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute

This flange is a common source of leaks on 2.0l engines. The seal will fail, or over time the plastic housing cracks.

this?
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    typical vw plastic... breaks down when exposed to...well...anything
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    That's what I was talking about Adrian! I think mine looks different, but same idea. I've got a tiny leak (doesn't even show on the ground, but I've had to top it up twice in about a year), but haven't bothered to rip that piece off to replace it.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Sorry you said fitting and that threw me off. Its clearly more of a housing.
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Whoops! I definitely meant to say housing.
    flickr

Thanks to Jason for coming through for me. He had the part within an hour and I got my car up and running after a short trip in Liam's vrt. Also props to Liam for driving me home with the part from the shop.
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information