+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: June Jitter Bug

Veteran Member AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog has a brilliant future AudiDog's Avatar
    ^^^LOL. May cause 2012 to come early.
    Too bad i have to work. Next year fo sho!
    1987 Jetta coupe
    1994 Audi URS4

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    i guess we should send congrats out to grant (wedzinga) dave d. (montygreen) and the VWoT guys garret, fletch, aaron and anyone else i am forgetting who either placed or won their class at jjb today
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    Grants Corrado is frigging amazing. Every piece of that puzzle he put together. How could he have possibly received second? I didn't see the first place car, but I can only imagine it must be amazing to even remotely be put in the same class as Grants car, let alone be first place.

The "judge" gave best "Stock" MK3 to a 4 - Door VR6 Turbo - of which not only was the car Turbo'd, but it also was a 4 Door Golf which we all know doesn't' come with a VR. The car was cool, don't get me wrong - but how does that win the Stock class?

Next, I'm not sure what constitutes "modified" Golf's / GTI's, there were Big Turbo'd, Shaved, VR Turbo'd, and an assortment of other cars that in my opinion were more 'modified' then the chosen winners. Punjabi_dubber or soundwave, IMO, should have taken at a bare minimum second in this Class. The wheels alone on Soundwaves car are worthy of that win. To top it all off - Neils car didn't place at all - and there was not ONE Jetta there that could possibly compare to the mod's that Neil has on his car - let alone two.

This isn't even a matter of the judge having to ask someone a question to the owners of the cars about mods (which they didn't) - if they knew anything about watercooled cars, they wouldn't have given a MK3 VR Turbo 4 Door first place in "stock" class - this was clearly someone who knew nothing about Watercooled VW's.

There are probably just as many (if not more) Watercooled cars at this show, and the judge(s) didn't even take the time to properly judge any of the cars (obviously). Yet they had time to give out at least 15 awards to every different kind of Bug on the green space They grouped MK5 and Mk6 together into the same category? Awesome. They gave a kid who drove his mom's CC first place in Passat class, and there were plenty of modded B3's and B4's all over.

Next year they plan to have a "line" for your car to be judged - which in itself is ridiculous. 500+ cars in a line to be judged? Yah, I doubt that's going to happen.

I was completely disappointed with the judging. I know a lot of people will say the same and I'm sure the "winners" will all say that the nay-sayers are just pissed off because they didn't win. Coming from the "I dont care about car shows anymore" standpoint (me)- I'm telling you straight up that the judging was absolutely wrong.

None of the classes were grouped together (which would probably make the judging easier). I saw the judge spend 30 seconds on a car that had more mod's than you could write on a list as long as your arm - because he had no idea about the modifications done to the car - I think some special cars that should have won got looked over and any one of us could have pointed that out immediately.

I understand they can't make everyone happy, but the judges choices were completely unjust.

Besides that, the turn out was great.

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    This was today!?!

[EDIT] Neils car didn't place, how the fuck did he get first at Motorstadt then??
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    They asked us if our cars were Air Cooled when we pulled in.

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    Lmfao
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Veteran Member ZIPN VW has a spectacular aura about ZIPN VW has a spectacular aura about ZIPN VW's Avatar
    I'm going to have to agree. I was sitting in my car when I was "judged". He only looked at the front. Asked "new car huh?" and moved on. Now I know my car does not have crazy mods, but a little effort would be nice. I also agree that its pretty stupid to group me with MKVs. When there were 2 dune buggy classes and a Thing class when i didn't even see one. It was a fun show and I didn't go to win an award, but if they are going to make it a contest, it should be fair and have some thought put into it.
    Under Pressure

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    LOL

sounds like nothing has changed with JJB over the years. Definitely one of worst shows
    24v

Junior Member G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben's Avatar
    it looked like a stock white 93 vr6 that beat grant...... so what happened to stock class and mod'd..... and jays rhd was completely over looked. ... cambridge cleaned up to day. way to go guys!!!!!!!!!! but fun show none theless

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    there was ONE VW Thing at the show, it was over by the food stations to the left :P but only 1....so i wonder if it even took first place in its class? :P
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

Veteran Member ZIPN VW has a spectacular aura about ZIPN VW has a spectacular aura about ZIPN VW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xLilJayx View Post
    there was ONE VW Thing at the show, it was over by the food stations to the left :P but only 1....so i wonder if it even took first place in its class? :P
    Shit. I guess I missed it. I really wanted to see one.
    Under Pressure

hey ZIPN - thanks for the tour of your Mk6 - it's super nice.

Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    hey ZIPN - thanks for the tour of your Mk6 - it's super nice.
    Anytime. I actually had a lot of interest in my car by older attendees. Most were amazed by the room for the rear passengers.
    Under Pressure

Veteran Member euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    Definitely one of worst shows
    I agree, it was my first time ever going to the show yesterday, and I wasn't really impressed. I'm glad I didn't have to drive far.

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    Im not going next year. This should just be an aircooled show since they dont give a shit about watercooled cars.
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    this audi 5000 was amazing, exhaust mani was equal length and had tial 44mm huge fkn turbo

when i was looking the guy said "its a lil laggy"

pic by mikejoe
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    ....back when I was hardcore

that was a wicked setup.

Im not going next year. This should just be an aircooled show since they dont give a shit about watercooled cars.
    The thing is, Bug Out is an aircooled show, and they seem to judge fine.

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    it all comes down to event organization
    24v

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    that was a wicked setup.

The thing is, Bug Out is an aircooled show, and they seem to judge fine.
    bug out is peoples choice

Veteran Member KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub's Avatar
    Anyone have more pics of the 5000/200 ?
    PAST- 85 VW Cabriolet- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 93 VW Passat VR6- 85 VW GTI- 93 VW Golf ABA- 90 Audi Coupe Quattro- 92 VW GTi 16v- 92 VW Golf 1.6TD- 1980 VW Rabbit- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 90 VW Corrado- 91 VW Passat Wagon 16v- 93 VW Passat VR6- 87 Audi 4000TQ- 86 Audi 4000SQ- 86 VW Jetta TD- 89 Audi 90Q- 91 Jetta GTX- 92 VW Golf TD
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

haha, i though you would like that. i have a few but i wont be able to post till tonight.

Edit he was from new york

Senior Member TeejayTDI will become famous soon enough TeejayTDI will become famous soon enough TeejayTDI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    haha, i though you would like that. i have a few but i wont be able to post till tonight.

That.... is...... sexy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lava_A3 View Post
    i have a thing for penguin panties
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro 6sp Manual
    1983 GTI- R.I.P.
    2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition- Gone but not forgotten

bug out is peoples choice
    right.. but it's categorized.

I think if I was going to put the effort in to judge a show, it would be a GenerationDUB show.

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    that was a 94 urs4 with that big ass turbo, not a 5k/200, i agree the judging was fucked, not saying my car deserves anything, its just different. grants car is amazing and in my books did deserve the win, it was beat by a very clean 93 vr. the one kid in front of us was laughing with his buddies how he "won" the stock mk4 jetta class with his VRT.. i thought for sure neil, soundwave, footose, or punjabi were gonna walk away with something. but nope.

not to mention the parking, holy shit.. leave it up to 2 twelve year olds to park 400 show cars?? really?? if they want to make judging easier park similar cars together, like most brand specific shows do.

when we rolled in and they gave us the stupid sticker thingey that said what class i was in, he says "whats this" i say "corrado, stock" he says " oh there's only one class for corrados and sciroccos since there aren't many around" and only noticed the guy on the other side was driving when the car moved as my passenger (abagti) was still talking to him.
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    Harry said the guy at the gate asked him if his car was air cooled LOL.

Props to Harry for getting my car unlocked with a tent pole when i locked my keys in my car. I owe you a beer.
    bankrupt.

haha no problems

when we rolled in and they gave us the stupid sticker thingey that said what class i was in, he says "whats this" i say "corrado, stock" he says " oh there's only one class for corrados and sciroccos since there aren't many around" and only noticed the guy on the other side was driving when the car moved as my passenger (abagti) was still talking to him.
    I thought you would have taken stock Corrado class on uniqueness alone.

Senior Member TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY's Avatar
    I agree the judging was horrible. I saw the judge walk up to my car since I was sitting behind it and by the time I walked to the front of the car he had moved onto the next car already, he walked up looked under the hood glanced at my spec sheet and peeked in the window from a distance. I definatly wasn't expecting to win anything after doing my rounds, there were definatly a lot of cars deserving to win. I was surprised when I got called for runner up.
    2003 Golf TDI
    1987 Cabriolet Bestsellers Edition

Do you know which car actually won?
    bankrupt.

Senior Member TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY's Avatar
    I have no idea who won, I was wondering the same.
    2003 Golf TDI
    1987 Cabriolet Bestsellers Edition

Veteran Member KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post

Sweet !!! Cant wait to see em !
    PAST- 85 VW Cabriolet- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 93 VW Passat VR6- 85 VW GTI- 93 VW Golf ABA- 90 Audi Coupe Quattro- 92 VW GTi 16v- 92 VW Golf 1.6TD- 1980 VW Rabbit- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 90 VW Corrado- 91 VW Passat Wagon 16v- 93 VW Passat VR6- 87 Audi 4000TQ- 86 Audi 4000SQ- 86 VW Jetta TD- 89 Audi 90Q- 91 Jetta GTX- 92 VW Golf TD
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information