Closed Thread

Thread: ApexI Turbo Timer

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar

ApexI Turbo Timer

So, i took it upon myself today to try and install the turbo timer i bought on my mk3 golf.

hooked up the 12v constant to the 12v constant in the ignition harness.[both solid red]

the wire that turns the unit on before starting the car blue wire to the accessories power wire - as instructed, orange and yellow i believe

and [im guessing the wire thats supposed to keep the car running] green wire to the yellow/black wire, i believe(forgetting colours).

theres a solid black wire, guessing ground wire, and i believe one other wire. my problem is that its not keeping the car idling after turning the key to the off position. the timer comes on and counts down, and keeps power to the raido and what not then shut downs, but the engine does not idle....

anyone have any suggestions?

(ground wire, and parking switch wire are hooked up as well. and like the manual says - to the best of its broken english ability - if the ebrake is released it kills the timer like its supposed to)
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I had a greddy one like this. I didnt' install the ebrake / clutch kill until I was sure it was working. Maybe give that a try?

are there any ignition kills you have to worry about that you have maybe missed?

if you leave the key in the ignition, and you switch it 'off, does the car instantly shut off?

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    car instantly killed the engine at at shut off points - ie. still on on position, accessory position, all the way back, and then key out... --always off--

i figured it out today after further wire play.

for anyone doing this install on a mk3 golf/jetta

the wires u want are -

[TT wire]solid red to [ig. harness]solid red
    [TT wire]green to [ig. harness]black wire
    [TT wire]blue to [ig. harness]black wire
    ground to ground
    ebrake to ebrake switch

i didn't hook up the auto timer option [o2 sensor signal wire and ecu ground] because i didn't feel like cutting into the ecu wiring harness, not comfortable doing that, im perfectly fine with telling my car how long to idle for myself

thanks anyway though Harry
    Last edited by xLilJayx; 06-10-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: fixed wiring to what ive done to the car now
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

New Member ndres4 is on a distinguished road
    hey my auto timer is not turning off when the e brake is down

could anyone help me out

i wired the red wire to the red wire in the ignition cables
    the black and blue to the black wire
    and the e brake wire to the yellow wire on.the e brake switch

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Three year old thread, and you gave zero details of anything... I'd start a new thread with specific details to your car, turbo timer, etc.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Closed Thread

Thread Information