+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help regarding Cool Air Intake

Help regarding Cool Air Intake

I have a 1990 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4 Cylinders A 1.8L FI SOHC and I am trying to figure out what I am to do with the Mass Air Flow Sensor on my car and what application to use to add it to K&N Apollo RC-5052AR "CAI" setup. I am kinda stumped. If you could provide any information that would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    pictures, the MAF either stays in the OEM housing and gets coupled to the piping or the sensor itself gets screwed into the new intake...no idea how that exact intake is either way its a waste on a 2.0L
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    its not on a 2.0L its on a 1.8L...

when i did my short ram intake on my ABA 2.0L i bought a bracket and mounted that to the MAF housing and then just mounted the filter onto the bracket.... those pieces i believe i still have since now it isn't used due to turbo-ing the car.... lemme know if u wanna meet up for the bracket.... PM me if you'd like. or email - jaybarnes_ @ hotmail . com
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    I hate to rag on ya man, but it being a 1.8 or a 2.0 isn't going to change how useless it is.

On the plus side it does give the car a better sound.
    it won't hurt it any if you want to do it though
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    not to try and get on anyones bad side.....but are we turning into the tex? i remember posting stuff on that site when i first got into the scene and EVERYONE on there flamed me for anything i asked, ever. never any positive info, just negative.

who cares if it isn't going to add any performance to the engine, maybe all he/she wants IS the sound? who cares anyways, its their vehicle right? and when i changed mine over to the SRI i felt a little difference in throttle responce and feul milage actually got better. either way, why not just give him pointers on how to mount the thing instead of making this new member feel unwanted / stupid for chosing to doa simple engine mod?

sorry just my 2 cents. and i know everyone rags on 2.0l's but meh, this just seemed like it was too much for a new member to get right way.

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giver View Post
    I hate to rag on ya man, but it being a 1.8 or a 2.0 isn't going to change how useless it is.

On the plus side it does give the car a better sound.
    it won't hurt it any if you want to do it though

did u even read that whole post?! i bolded it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    did u even read that whole post?! i bolded it for you!
    i did, i'm commenting on the USELESS part..

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    man, people are so sensitive lately.

The "useless" part of my comment as you call it may just save this new member of ours from wasting his money.
    when I was new to the scene I appreciated honesty more than fluffy b.s.

New guy or gal. Do what you want, I'm a 2.0 guy, always have been. the short ram gave me a great sound, but that's about it.
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information